cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email sending problems but only on Iphone 11 Tiscali account

john2367
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I have been using an iphone 11 for a long time with no problems. Two days ago my email app on iphone began behaving strangely, with intermittent service sending emails. 

I've tried many times to correct this and finally I deleted the account to start again. Now, every time I attempt to send an email I get the message

'Cannot Send Mail The sender address is invalid'.

Receipt of emails appears to be normal on the iphone.

I've tried all combinations to try and cure this and today spent 45 mins on the 'phone to a helpful customer support agent to no avail.

They've sent their 'correct' setup details for an Imap account but the result is always the same.

The agent told me that they now do not support Tiscali! I think that perhaps this malfunction on email sending is perhaps inspired from the Talktalk end as receipt is ok.

Does anyone have any help on this? Can someone send me a list of set up procedures for the iphone 11 that works on Tiscali imap or suggest how I can work around this?

My email works from my desktop ok, always fairly slow but that's normal for Tiscali. I

Hoping someone can help  TIA

john2367
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

The correct settings are in the Email Settings help article. These are the only settings anyone should be using. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

john2367
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi Ady - thanks for the reply!

Im delighted that Tiscali is still supported; the agent I spoke with was adamant that support was being dropped for Tiscali?

Ive now had my iPhone factory reset and restored via iCloud. I’ve re-installed Tiscali as my email and accepted the default settings of ‘pop.tiscali.co.uk’ and ‘smtp.tiscali.co.uk’. That works and emails can be received and sent. 
But I’m told by Tiscali they are the wrong settings to use on IOS for IMAP.!

What should they be and do I risk my email by having ‘pop’ as incoming?

Id be very interesting know TIA

john2367
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi john2367, first of all we do still support tiscali email addresses as they're TalkTalk domain. When you're setting up your mail on the Iphone are the mail settings being accepted? Have you tried a password reset to see if that clears the issue? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes