email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails disappeared

Gareth3
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi. My wife and I have Lineone accounts. All my read emails are kept  visible on webmail and iPad, but hers disappear never to be seen again. The settings appear to be the same on both accounts, but are we missing something obvious?

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Gareth3, did your wife have it set to leave a copy on the server on her old device?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

For future reference @Gareth3, you may wish to be aware that for a limited time, a previous post may, amongst other things, be edited.

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 14.23.42 Copy.png

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Thanks for your suggestions. 

Now that the new iPad is set up she can see new emails, but not the historical ones. I presume that they are lost forever?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Gareth3, it looks like Gondola has you sorted. If not please post back to let us know. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

I fully concur with Gondolas thoughts @Gareth3, but I am not totally clear with respect to your wife's situation.

Is she also using iPad / [Apple] Mail - if so I'm pretty sure I know what's happened - or another device / application?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 8

Hi Gareth

The device settings will be different I believe.

If the connection to the server uses POP3 settings there are optional ways of dealing with emails on the mail server.

• The normal default is to download emails to the device and delete from the server.
  • An optional default is to download emails to the device and delete from the server after a week.
  • But you can select to download emails to the device and keep on the server.
  • An option is to download emails to the device and keep on the server until deleted from the device.

With IMAP settings the mail server and device are synchronised. What you see on the device you see in webmail. If you delete an email from the device inbox the email is deleted from the mail server inbox.

Apple devices do sometimes need to be double-checked to make absolutely sure the mail app settings are correct. 

Lineone email settings are here.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes

Gareth3
First Timer
Message 7 of 8

Hi. My wife and I both have lineone.net email accounts. My read emails are still visible in my inbox on webmail and iPad, but my wife’s emails disappear (much to her frustration).

The settings look the same on both accounts but we might be missing something obvious. Can you help with a suggestion?

Many thanks

0 Likes