cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails from ipage web hosting not beng received

Rach3l
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I'm unable to receive emails from

*@ipage-inc.com 

which means my business email account has stopped working as I can't access their domain registration page.  ipage have said to get the above domain added to the taktalk 'white list' , but how do I do this?

Thanks...

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Good to know there are no filter rules defined.

I would say from the analysis of what I see that it may be an example of the mail sender suppressing sending to your TalkTalk email address. If the mail sender had trouble getting mail delivered to your email address then purely as a protection measure against getting blacklisted a suppression on sending is applied to your email address. The hosting domain customer service people would see the mail being sent but may not be seeing any bounceback from the mail servers they use. They'd need to involve the email admins to check for a suppression on sending.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Rach3l
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thanks @Gondola 

I have no mail filters set and Ipage have ont told me they are even receving any bounceback error message when I've been on the chat. I wonder if the help desk there are just replicating what I was doing before talking to them - i.e. clicking a link to send an email and they don;t see any response.  (I'm not sure the help people can see the full email address even.)

Looks like 'll have to claim ownership via another email address 😞

Thanks

Rachel

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

TalkTalk don't offer whitelisting as that's open to abuse.  But the domain is not on any blacklists and does have a comprehensive list of sending IP addresses on the SPF file.

Check via a desktop browser and the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in that you have no filter rules defined. Settings > Mail > Filter rules.

What bounceback error are your Mail hosting service seeing from TalkTalk? The description and TT error code would be helpful to assess what's happening.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes