cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails not been received today 19/02/24

Sunshine6
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 15 of 15

Can anyone help? Today several people have not received emails. I use a @Tiscali.co.uk address. I think it's just gmail address people who haven't received

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi all, the email team have advised that the necessary changes have been made. Its good to see that the changes have already started to take effect.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 15

Excellent news and grateful thanks for sharing with us.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Sunshine6
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 15

Mine are now going through normally. Just did a test.

Message 4 of 15

Thanks for your comments. Michelle-TalkTalk of Community Support asked the TalkTalk Mail team yesterday 28th Feb for an update on the status of TalkTalk Mail inbound to Gmail. So we're awaiting that status report with interest.

@Michelle-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

StephanieKennedy
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 15

My Tiscali emails sent to gmail addresses are NOT appearing in recipients' Spam folders.

0 Likes

StephanieKennedy
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 15

I have a tiscali address and it will not send any emails to people with gmail addresses, though they do not bounce back. The gmail recipients never receive them. Please fix this, Talk Talk!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Thank you so much. It's my pleasure to help Community members.

0 Likes

Sunshine6
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 15

Thank you. I think you have helped me sort things before and I am really grateful

Message 9 of 15

TalkTalk Mail admins will try and identify the spammer that's using TalkTalk Mail and that sent unsolicited spam to trigger deliberately set spam traps.

The blacklisting agency would accept a request from TalkTalk Mail admins to delist the SMTP server IP address from the blacklist and if no more spam is sent then all is good. These blacklists often auto-expire after two weeks anyway so the issue tends to be temporary.

The above assumes that blacklisting is the reason for Gmail pushing some mail incoming from TalkTalk Mail addresses into the Spam folders of recipients. A direct liaison between TalkTalk and Google would find that out.

Thanks for confirming that all recipients found the TalkTalk Mail messages in their Gmail Spam Folder(s). The messages did all get delivered because they were all authenticated. Just not delivered to the normal Inbox.

Sunshine6
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 15

Thank you again for your assistance. Yes, all recipients found them in their Spam folder. Is this likely to carry on forever?? 

Message 11 of 15

Because other have reported the Gmail non receipt issue I've just carried out some tests via TalkTalk Mail webmail and via Thunderbird email client sending.

Two different TalkTalk Mail addresses and one Gmail address. The Thunderbird sent mail message from a TalkTalk mailbox was received normally. The TalkTalk Mail message from a different TalkTalk mailbox was received to the Gmail Spam folder. I also have Gmail as an added secondary account to a TalkTalk Mail mailbox and that sent as Gmail to Gmail but via the Open Xchange mail servers and that arrived OK.

Based on these results I'd say to the Gmail recipients to look in the Gmail Spam folder. Gmail may be tagging inbound mail from the TalkTalk SMTP servers as spam.

Message 12 of 15

Did Gmail send a bounceback mail delivery notification to let you know that your messages were not being delivered? If so what did that notification tell you?

Sunshine6
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 15

Thank you for taking time to reply. Yes, that's it exactly. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Are you sending from your tiscali.co.uk email address to gmail addresses and you're saying that Gmail are not accepting your emails? Or have I got the wrong impression?