cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails to TalkTalk accounts blocked

HarHols
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Hi - I work for a UK-based company and we have noticed that emails from us to our "Talktalk" customers are not getting through. Seems to have started in the last 10-14 days, and these are customers who we've been dealing with for months/years so it's a relatively recent problem.

Our emails are not making it to their spam folders, and we are not receiving any "unable to deliver message" reports either - they just vanish.

These emails are not being sent by a service like sendgrid: They are being sent by individual staff members (e.g john@companyname.com  ) from our Microsoft-hosted exchange. I have spoken to the company that provides our MS accounts, and they couldn't suggest anything...

Luckily I (or rather my wife!) is a previous TT user so I've been able to create a forum account - is there anyone that can look at this please?

Thanks!

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

And the sending addresses you can't receive from? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 13

added

Message 3 of 13

Hi David,  please add the full sending and receiving emails in Private Notes in your community profile and I'll raise the fault ticket for you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Please raise it as a fault 

Regards

David

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

The 7 day scan shows nothing. I'll have to raise a fault ticket for this. Please provide the full sending addresses of the mailboxes you cannot receive from. I'll add them all to the fault ticket. 

Ady

Message 6 of 13

Thanks Gondola - I think I have done this correctly now - appreciate your help.

Message 7 of 13

Hi HarHols 

Please put the domain info requested into your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes and save changes. Let me know when you've done that. Ady-TalkTalk will be able to pick up the info and pass it forward for you.

You can Community Private Message me with the domain info and I'll see if there is any advice I can offer. I won't need individual local parts of email addresses.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 8 of 13

Thanks Gondola - I can confirm that the customers are positively opted in and we aren't getting any bouncebacks. Would you suggest that I should try and contact TT directly with the domain info?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi @Davidandvictoria 

Just a one-off issue or ongoing? Problem with a single TalkTalk Mail email address?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

I’m also having a similar issue with the following failed reply:-

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* ***************@talktalk.net

Reason: There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: "*******"] to *************@talktalk.net. It has been in queue too long, and will not attempt delivery again.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

I've added this to our list of those needing a postmaster to contact. 

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

TalkTalk will wish to know the From: domain, the sending email domain, the Return-Path: email domain and that all customers are positively opted in to receiving your mail messages and you get no bounceback error mail delivery notification.

0 Likes