cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali to Gmail accounts

Church1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi, Is there any update today (28/02/24) on the issue with tiscali emails being sent to gmail accounts going into junk?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi all, the email team have advised that the necessary changes have been made. It may take a while for the server reputation to improve, but it shouldn't be too long. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hello,

This has been raised to our team and we've requested an update today. We'll post back as soon as we know more.

Thanks

Michelle

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Please ask your recipients via another contact method eg. Gmail to Gmail to find your TalkTalk Mail messages in the Gmail Spam folder and mark as Not spam. This will tell Gmail not to dump TalkTalk Mail into Spam.

I have indicated previously that I expect TalkTalk Mail admins will be doing their best to improve the sender reputation of TalkTalk Mail. TalkTalk Mail is fully authenticated and compliant with Gmail's requirements for authentication. But Gmail are imposing stricter 'rules' for spam and such that if spam from TalkTalk mailboxes exceeds more than 3 in 1000 messages marked as spam then they will start dumping a lot of inbound mail into Spam folders regardless of whether it is spam or not.

This is a Gmail policy decision so I wonder how this will backfire on Gmail sending a huge amount of the world's spam?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution