cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali Emails not arriving

JMatt
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 23 of 23

We still have tiscali email addresses (don’t really want to change them) but over the last couple of days I have sent a few emails which appear in the sent box but never arrive at their destination. I can receive emails to the tiscali address but not send. No message comes up to say they haven’t been sent. 

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi all, the email team have advised that the necessary changes have been made. It may take a while for the server reputation to improve, but it shouldn't be too long. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 23

Good afternoon,

Apologies for the delay. Our team are looking into this and we've requested an update today. We'll post back here as soon as we know more.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 3 of 23

Good luck with expecting better service from Microsoft. The main ISP's no longer offer email services to new customers and those that do offer good service and good email are the smaller higher priced ISP's which if anything proves that good service costs good money.

To delete your tiscali mailbox(es) then make a request to the TalkTalk Data Protection team.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

Hi again,

I'm bailing out and setting up new Outlook emails. Not happy with TalkTalk service over the last few years.

I suspect the old tiscali accounts will continue to be a problem until everyone discontinues them.

We will look to switch Broadband in due course, as well.

Can I thank you for your help with this issue, and anyone else who has contributed.

All the best,

Mark

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Good morning @Janie191 

@Janie191 wrote:...Tiscali has always been my chosen email which I use for everything.  Gmail is only used in emergency.

Good to know you have an emergency backup plan to use Gmail when necessary. That's good advice to all to have a second non-ISP mail address for emergencies, password recovery and saving copies of important messages. But you do have to use Gmail regularly (at least every two years) or Google will delete the account after notification.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Tiscali has always been my chosen email which I use for everything.  Gmail is only used in emergency.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Good morning @Janie191 

@Janie191 wrote: ...As I have said to you on the previous thread on this subject, my emails using Thunderbird are still going into gmail Spam folders, unless I've been able to contact recipients to alert them to look in their Spam folders.  Unfortunately I don't know all the phone numbers!

And yet you told us you had a Gmail address and you know the Gmail addresses of those you need to contact.

Or is Google treating your Gmail as spam?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Dear Gondola

As I have said to you on the previous thread on this subject, my emails using Thunderbird are still going into gmail Spam folders, unless I've been able to contact recipients to alert them to look in their Spam folders.  Unfortunately I don't know all the phone numbers!

It is causing me huge problems with organising things.

Janie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Hi @JMatt 

That is great news and thanks for sharing it with us.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

I never use the webmail, just the mail programs on my laptop, phone & iPad but I can now send and receive from tiscali to gmail and it doesn’t go into spam! Thanks for your help. I’ll know to check spam if it happens again. 

Message 11 of 23

TalkTalk's Mail admins are already aware as is TalkTalk Support for Community. I don't work for TalkTalk. The email admins would be actively improving the reputation of TalkTalk Mail senders and liaising with their opposite numbers in Gmail.

Another member also using Outlook reported that their TalkTalk message to a Gmail recipient was being dropped by the Gmail system into the Spam folder.  My testing was with the Thunderbird email client and maybe I'm the only person acknowledging getting TalkTalk Mail delivered to the Inbox. Or maybe it's because I'm not currently sending from a TalkTalk network connection so Gmail are dealing differently with my mail messages. Regardless, all mail outgoing from the TalkTalk Mail servers is fully authenticated and ought to be delivered to the Inbox.

You might like to test sending TalkTalk Mail from your mobile network connection and let us know the result

Meanwhile, you asked about separately reporting your issue to TalkTalk.

LiveChat and TalkTalk contact information

When to contact TalkTalk? - select and scroll to see contact availability times

TIP - Pause tracker blocking in the browser, ad-blockers and similar blocking software to avoid conflict with the operation of chat messaging.

Landline calls to Customer Services on 0345 172 0088 are free from a TalkTalk home 'phone but otherwise are at a standard landline call rate.

Mobile calls to Customer Services on 0203 441 5550. Text Relay Service is 18001 then 0345 172 0088.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Hi,  I'm not sure I agree with you.  I always use the Microsoft Outlook on my desktop to send and receive emails.  I very rarely even look on the TalkTalk webmail system.

It is these recent emails from my Outlook app to gmail addresses that fall into Spam.  Are TalkTalk looking into this, or do they consider it not their problem?

BTW are you working for TalkTalk?  If not, how do I report a problem?  I can't find any way of communicating with them which is very frustrating.

Many thanks,  Mark

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Hi @MarkH4 

Thanks for confirming that it is just Gmail recipients that are receiving TalkTalk Mail messages into their Spam folders. The messages are sent fully authenticated so they should be received into the Inbox not dropped into Spam.

I have tested and found that it's just mail sent via TalkTalk Mail webmail that Gmail are tagging as spam.  TalkTalk mail messages sent via email apps and email software does arrive in recipients' mailbox Inboxes as normal.

0 Likes

MarkH4
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 23

Same problem here for about a week, maybe longer.  Emails are being put into Spam by receiver, usually by gmail.  Other receivers seem to be unaffected.

Message 15 of 23

I've asked the email admins to take a look at this for us. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 16 of 23

Many thanks for your help, looks like there is nothing I can do so I'll make sure I only send emails to gmail from my own gmail address for now!  Hopefully it will get sorted quickly.

Message 17 of 23

I'm sure the TalkTalk Mail admins will have regular contact with their opposite numbers in Google to find out why Gmail is tagging the mail as spam. There's nothing obvious in the header of the received mail message and it's passed SPF and DMARC, as you'd expect, so quite why Gmail is dropping it into the spam folder of recipients is not immediately apparent.

The TalkTalk Mail SMTP server sending IP address that I've just checked has been detected as sending spam. A listing by Anonmails DNSBL indicates that the listed IP address has sent spam to Anonmails servers/spam traps. Therefore I'd suspect Gmail is taking note of this agency blacklisting and dropping the mail into the Spam folder as a precaution.

Message 18 of 23

Sent emails from tiscali to gmail and, yes, found them in the spam/junk folder!  Anything I can do to keep them in the inbox of recipients?

Message 19 of 23

I've just carried out some tests via TalkTalk Mail webmail and via Thunderbird email client sending.

Two different TalkTalk Mail addresses and one Gmail address. The Thunderbird sent mail message from a TalkTalk mailbox was received normally. The TalkTalk Mail message from a different TalkTalk mailbox was received to the Gmail Spam folder. I also have Gmail as an added secondary account to a TalkTalk Mail mailbox and that sent as Gmail to Gmail but via the Open Xchange mail servers and that arrived OK.

Based on these results I'd say to the Gmail recipients to look in the Gmail Spam folder. Gmail may be tagging inbound mail from the TalkTalk SMTP servers as spam.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

Sorry, forgot to say that no error/non delivery message comes up.