cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali Emails not arriving

JMatt
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 23 of 23

We still have tiscali email addresses (don’t really want to change them) but over the last couple of days I have sent a few emails which appear in the sent box but never arrive at their destination. I can receive emails to the tiscali address but not send. No message comes up to say they haven’t been sent. 

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 21 of 23

Email sent fine from tiscali to tiscali.  Noticed another member saying they can't send to gmail addresses so I think this is the same problem.  It does seem to be gmail addresses that aren't receiving emails from my tiscali address.  No rules defined under my settings.  

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 23

You say you cannot send mail but strangely get no send error message?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Select the New email button to compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header
  • Select All settings
  • Select Mail and scroll down to Rules
    Select the chevron icon > to see all defined Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the X icon to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red  X
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account or mail collection service, like Gmail, may be deleting messages from the online Inbox.

Are the undelivered messages being sent to Gmail addresses? We seem to have a few reports of Gmail recipients not receiving TalkTalk Mail messages but the TalkTalk originators are not seeing any Mail Delivery Notifications of fails to deliver. Suggests Gmail is silently dropping the inbound messages.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution