email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked email account

Lynze
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

Hi, I've tried to log into my email account and the password has been changed, then when I click to recover the hacker has also changed the details such as back up email, phone number etc. I can't find a way of sorting this out so any help would be much appreciated 

Lynzehunt
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Lynze, please answer the questions in the below link to enable us to access your account and help with your questions:

https://smm.page.link/VosyNnHvUrLQBsV87

If you don't have a Telephone Enquiry Password, follow our guide to create one or select the "I don’t have a password" link to answer some different questions. Setting up your telephone password

Thanks 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Lynze, we can take another run at this if you still need help. 

I've sent you another PM. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Lynze
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 15

I can't find the I don't know option 🤔 sorry that I'm being a pain I tried to message but that wouldn't work either 

Lynzehunt
0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Unfortunately, you've failed to successfully complete verification again. This means I can't retry with you for 7 days. When you next try you must use the don't know/have password option allowing you to provide more information. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

I need you to provide the don't know/have information this time so that I can verify your ID against that held on our system. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

I've put my landline number on, I am not with talktalk for my phone anymore though but I still use the email account don't know if this makes a difference? Kind regards lynze

Lynzehunt
0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi Lynze, unfortunately some of the information doesn't match what we hold on system for you. I've sent the link again, this time please answer don't have/know the password so that you can add more information.

Ady

Message 8 of 15

Hi Ady, 

I've followed your instructions in the message 

Many thanks

Lynzehunt
0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi Lynze, I've sent you a personal message to get more information. 

Ady

Message 10 of 15

Almost, Lynze 

Your Community profile is now showing as 70% complete but the one key omission that TalkTalk need is your landline telephone number. They'll use this to identify customer account details and if you can sign in to your customer MyAccount (other than a Future Fibre account) you'll see it there or when dialling 17070 on your home landline 'phone the number will be read back to you.

TalkTalk Support will clarify / confirm details with you via Community Personal Message. Don't reveal any personal details other than to staff that first reply to you here and have their names suffixed with TalkTalk, for example Ady-TalkTalk.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Lynze
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 15

I think I've done what you have asked 🙂

Lynzehunt

Lynze
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 15

Thank you I have done what you have said 🙂

Lynzehunt

Gondola
Community Star
Message 13 of 15

Hi @Lynze 

To be able to help you TalkTalk do ask that you update your Community profile as indicated in my first reply post. Grateful if you would do that and confirm here in a reply post. 

Thanks. 

Gondola
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi @Lynze 

You'll need TalkTalk Support to verify you as the registered email user, secure your mailbox and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

To proceed, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address needing recovery and Save changes.

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. In due course a TalkTalk Community TT Staff member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

If you don't know how the password came to be discovered I'd suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

When you do get access via the TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Also worth checking there's no Auto forward or other Filter Rules diverting or spying on your emails.

• Select the Main Settings menu icon      triple lines, top right header bar
    (Mobile browser? You'll need to select the desktop version)
  • Select the Settings menu item
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail or Email in the left side bar
  • Select Filter Rules
  • Select the Delete (dustbin icon) to the right of any entry that you don't expect to be there
    Confirm the deletion

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail