cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

I cannot receive emails

RWCurry
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I access emails using Outlook in Microsoft 365. I recently received an email from TalkTalk saying I needed to change the details for incoming and outgoing servers, ports, encryption etc. I have set these exactly as stated in the email. However, I find I can send emails but cannot receive them. I suspect other people are having the same problem. Can anyone suggest as solution?

Richard Curry

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hi Richard, please add the affected email to your community profile in the private notes section. Post back once you have and I'll request that your mailbox be restored. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi Richard

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Check you can access your mailbox in TalkTalk Mail webmail.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

TalkTalk will notify you in advance of TalkTalk Mail being limited to webmail only access if:

• You're not a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer or MailPlus subscriber
    Or the mailbox address is not added to an active customer MyAccount
  • Any device email software, email app, or mail collection service connects to your mailbox using insecure settings
    Secure mail connections to your mailbox must all be made using a minimum of TLS 1.2 encryption security and sign in using the email address and email password
  • There's continued use of out of date email software, operating system or legacy email settings
    We can advise on device and software compatibility and provide customer setup guides

Outlook 365 is compatible with the use of secure mail. So, as your mailbox will have been limited to webmail only access it will be as a last resort because settings are not secure. If you believe Outlook has the correct settings and it's the only email software you're using to connect to your mailbox it might be wise to show screenshots of the incoming / outgoing and advanced settings you're using. Or just state those settings here. Something's obviously not right or you left the update too late to avoid restriction to webmail only access. NB don't show us the first part of your email address. Upload screenshots here using the camera icon above this Reply area.

If you are using any other mail collection service or software on 'phone, tablet, laptop, notebook, desktop etc. then let us know what the service or device operating system is and the email software in use so we can advise on compatibility. 

NB You'll not be able to set up devices and authenticate the connection until TalkTalk restore IMAP access. That'll be requested but let us know the Outlook software version and settings so we know you're ready to resume full access.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution