email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to delete my old Tiscali email account

Twig5
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

Hi! I have the same problem as in another post in June 2018.

I have an old tiscali email which has been receiving emails for years but I have not usee it in years, and as I am no longer a Tiscali (or TalkTalk) customer I cannot go to My Account or contact TalkTalk customer service directly. I would like the account deleted as I suspect it has been compromised, possibly not for the first time. 

There was a reply to the June question that the account needed to be suspended and then eventually would be closed down, but how do I go about it?  

Please contact me to help with this.

Thank you in advance.

V.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

I've been told that there's no hope of these mail accounts being suspended via this process now. I'm having to point all customers to the Right to be Forgotten process instead. This will put you in touch with the GDPR team who most definitely can sort this for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi! I still haven't had any success getting my old Tiscali email account closed. I have received and missed two calls from Talk Talk last month.. Unfortunately they only try once and I can't return their calls (no number). Could someone try to get hold of me until we can actually talk and I can take notes on what I need to do. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

I've asked Kelani to give you a call today with your new password. He's great and I'd expect you'll hear from him soon. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi! I received a call from Amil (?) on Monday 10th, but could not talk / take notes at the time. She was to phone back to me but hasn't... Could you flag this again, please?

Thank you very much.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Thanks. I've raised the fault ticket for you. You should get a call this morning from Amii. Please let us know how you get on.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

That is strange as that is the landline phone number we had at the time... I have found my old customer account code. I'll add this to the details if it helps? And the dial up number we used.. This is going back to 2003...

Thanks again.  

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Twig5, the number is incomplete. We wouldn't be able to identify the account with it. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Ok. I think I found it and will add it to the profile info. Thank you!

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 13

Hi Twig5, sorry to be a pain, but I need a landline number to raise the fault ticket for you. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi!

Yes, I set the forward up when I changed my email not realising I would not be able to go and close it afterwards. I hadn't thought of the effect the change from Tiscali to Talk Talk would have.

I have now added information to my profile and Private notes, as the other person who replied suggested. 

Thankful for any help to getting this sorted. 

kind regards,

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13

Hi Twig5, have you setup a mail forward from the account to a Yahoo account?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi @Twig5

Is the Tiscali email account still active?  i.e. you can still login and receive and send email? 

Normally, if the account is not used (you don't log in) for 180 days it goes into suspension and then after a year of non-use the system automatically deletes all content.

If it is still active you'll just need to provide some personal info to verify you're the registered user.

To do this just double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) your name, current address and phone numbers and then scroll down and add all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number linked to the tiscali email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the tiscali email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number just in case the team need to speak to you
  • Save changes.

TalkTalk's Community Team will verify the user details recorded for the email address and will confirm the next actions here.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes