cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

IMAP email

Maverikmk
Popular Poster
Private Message
Private Message

Message 16 of 16

Have exactly the same situation, I changed to the settings as advised by Talk Talk and then my email stopped working on my iphone and iMac. Unable to verify Account Name or Password but can still access Talk Talk web mail with the same credentials. 

Iphone 10 - running iOS 16.2

Imac  - Running 11.7.3

I am a FTTP 150 MB data only customer and talking to tech support this morning they don't seem to know what to do and have now escalated me to the back office team who might get back to me in the next 3 days. I have a XXX.tiscali.co.uk email address.

" NB until access is restored the devices will not authenticate a connection even if now setup to use secure mail"

What is the process to get TalkTalk support to restore access soonest as I can confirm I am setting up a secure email on compatible devices. I need this access stored soonest as it has been since Thursday (5 days)when I took Talk Talk advice and switched my setting to the new settings and not been able to use my iMac and iPhone for email since!!

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Perfect. Keep her happy.

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Yay! checked this morning and full access restored. Thanks guys for getting this sorted so quickly. Happy daughter back to UNI with everything working again.

Message 3 of 16

Hi Maverikmk, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 16

Thanks Gondola,

I have added the info as requested in the Private Notes section, please go ahead and request the email access is restored  for my daughters xxx.talktalk.net account.

Message 5 of 16

Good to know you're back in action and can help your daughter to set up the Mac Mail settings. 

The email account won't get authenticated until TalkTalk restore access. Just put your daughter's email address in your Community profile Private Notes and clearly mark it as the one that now needs access restoring. I'll request that for you.

Maverikmk
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 16

Delighted to say this finally got sorted on my email address and have had a working email for a few weeks now.

However my daughter on he return from uni is now experiencing the same issue. Her xxx.talktalk.net address is under our  main account but has not been working for a few weeks now. She gets the  "Unable to verify Account Name or Password" but can still access Talk Talk web mail with the same credentials. I have used the recommended settings and her machine is a MacBook Pro running OS 11.7

Ady and Gondola - We would very much appreciate you guys working the magic ("request her mailbox is restored to full access") you have done for my account on hers ASAP so she can get back to using her client email soonest - Many thanks.

Message 7 of 16

Hi Ady,

Can you please give me an ETA or the assurance that this has been actioned please.

I am trying my settings morning and night and several times in between in the hope that my access has been restored.

I have had no success to date!

I need to know that my access has been restored from your end so that i can conclusively move to the next step and that the settings i am using as advised by Talk Talk are correct and verifiable by my email accounts therefore giving me access.

Regards

Mark

Message 8 of 16

Thanks Ady, 

What timescale can i expect for your request to be actioned by Talk Talk support?

Will i get some kind of notification so I can try again with the settings and hopefully access  will be restored?

It's nearly 7 days without my Email clients working now which has been painful.

Message 9 of 16

Hi Maverikmk,  I've requested that your mailbox be restored to full access again. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 10 of 16

I'm expecting, if Ady is online on Wednesday, that he'll respond here and verify some details with you and then authorise that full access be restored within the following 24 hours although it has been quicker.

You should still have the webmail access that you were using when you first posted. 

Message 11 of 16

Still waiting. Can someone advise please when TalkTalk support will be able to restore my access and link my accounts as required to get me operational again on my iMac and iPhone mail clients.

6 days without services i pay for!

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Yep

iMac 1 - 12.0.1

iMac2 - 11.7.3

Iphone - 16.2 ios

So all set up from my end, just waiting on Talk Talk support to do their bit. Is their any SLA/indication of how long it might take for them to do their bit and advise they have done it?

Bit frustrating as it appears to me that in order to secure my mail account they have actually disabled secure mail access and left me without mail!!

Thanks Gondola

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Are both Mac devices running MacOS 11.7 because both need a minimum of MacOS 10.12 Sierra to get support for the required TLS 1.2 encryption security.

If any device connects insecurely, and that includes use of deprecated SSL and TLS 1.0 or 1.1 protocols on older devices then that will risk IMAP access being withdrawn.

Maverikmk
Popular Poster
Private Message
Private Message

Message 14 of 16

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for your response and setting me up as new post. This is my first attempt at posting on the community.

I  have 3 devices I access my email on, 2 IMacs and an Iphone

So i guess I sit tight and just wait for Talk Talk to restore my access and link my mailboxes to my full fibre my account.

I have advised them several times that my account is still reflecting my old service and they just say the admin account

will catch up in due course.

My main priority is to get my email working on my devices again so hopefully they can sort this quickly  and advise me so I can get operational again soonest. Fingers crossed.

Cheers

Maverikmk

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

Hi Maverikmk 

Are the two devices the only way you connect to the mailbox?

The two devices are certainly capable of secure mail connections so it's a pity that earlier notifications to use secure mail weren't followed.

What you also need to happen is your mailboxes to be linked to the Full Fibre MyAccount. As you cannot do this action it's going to require TalkTalk Support to do that and to restore IMAP/POP3 access. A request is made and TalkTalk Support will respond here.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk FTTP 'phone number'

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email addresses and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile