cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Is Tiscali email server down again?

Keith90
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 61 of 61

Tiscali email not able to receive or send messages on my MacBook, but mail is visible on my webmail.

Keith
60 REPLIES 60

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 41 of 61

@Attax991  Could you retest for me and let me know if you are having the same issue?

0 Likes

Message 42 of 61

@Attax991 Thanks so much. I've passed this over to our engineers now.

I've asked them for further information so I can update customers here and on our service page.

0 Likes

Message 43 of 61

Message sent with screenshot

Message 44 of 61

@Attax991  Thank you. Our engineers are investigating this as we speak.

Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the error message? You can send this to me by PM.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 45 of 61

I think the message below cover the email client aspect. SMTP settings I have tried without any luck are pop.tiscali.co.uk port 110 and also port 995. No luck with either.

Was working ok port 110 until today. No change made. The fact that so many are reporting suggests the problem lies with Talktalk.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 46 of 61

Can I just check, are you using webmail or an email client?

Would it be possible to post a screenshot of the error message you are receiving?

Could you also confirm your user settings for SMTP?

0 Likes

MarcusS
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 61

I have the same problem, cannot connect to my Tiscali email, but can login using webmail.

Why isn't their any recognition of this email fault on the Service Dashboard? Email is still showing as okay, which it isn't.

TalkTalk need to sort out their Customer Service and spend some money on modernising their technology and support. Maybe somebody should look at how other providers manage to provide a service that doesn't go down. Has anybody at TalkTalk heard of good quality customer service and Cloud computing?

David591
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 61

Unable to receive or send e-mails on tiscali (talktalk) account since 8.00am this morning (15.05.24), access via webmail is ok.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 49 of 61

Hi all

I'm so sorry for the delay.

We are investigating this and we will post back as soon as we have further information.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 50 of 61

Not just IMAP, SMTP too.

0 Likes

bob_sparks
Team Player
Private Message
Message 51 of 61

Yep..local Outlook client cant find Talktalk IMAP server

either their fuse has blown or they need to put another 10p in the meter..

pity it has been reliable for sometime.

0 Likes

pickers
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 52 of 61

Same here.  No tiscali emails and an error message.  

0 Likes

Message 53 of 61

No outgoing e-mail on my pipex account either. Internet connection seems OK. I have a couple of other e-mail accounts with other providers running on my machine, both OK.

0 Likes

Artistef
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 54 of 61

The problem appears to be affecting Pipex accounts too. After a long event-free period I have had no outgoing connection since around 10am. Incoming seems to be working.

AnnHow1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 55 of 61

I have a similar problem Keith, but with my iPhone, not Mac.   I can receive but not send messages. Support are looking at it. There’s quite a delay in the error message (which says email address invalid) and so I suspect there’s a connection issue somewhere on their servers.  Webmail working ok. 

0 Likes

lynnpash
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 56 of 61

Its 3 hours since Keith posted and still no-one is looking at this it seems. Where are the advisors?

Its not good enough.

0 Likes

lynnpash
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 57 of 61

Error code 0x800408FC is showing .

I don't know why First timer is showing next to my name, as I've been on here for years and I've received many badges over that time.

0 Likes

lynnpash
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 58 of 61

Mine is the same, can't send or receive. Very inconvinient. please can someone find out what is the proplem.

0 Likes

Angela91
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 59 of 61

Same for dsl.pipex.com.  Internet ok and webmail present but not connecting on my laptop using Outlook.  I am using the recommended settings and know others who are similarly affected on the PIPEX domain.  TalkTalk really does not know how to run an email service.

Keith90
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 60 of 61

Though the email is down, access to the internet is OK.

Keith