cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Microsoft emails blocked

Bruce5
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I am trying to verify my Skype account which is also my MS account.

MS have sent me a verification code to my talktalk.net address, but it was not received. The sending address was   

<account-security-noreply@accountprotection.microsoft.com>

I was however able to receive the email code on a gmail.com address.

Why do TalkTalk block or refuse emails from Microsoft?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi, as I said we are blocking it and I've escalated it.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

robroy55
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Hello

Apologies if I'm cutting across message and forum protocols.  I'm a total novice. 

I spotted this set of messages and wondered if anything has been resolved.

I too have been trying to sort my account verification code problem with Microsoft.  A 3 hour webchat with accounts and their tech guys who took remote control of my computer to try and sort it and they couldn't.  Verify codes were not being received by my email  account.  Their suggestion was to talk to talktalk to login into my e mails via webmail.   Webmail is alien to me.

I spotted this set of messages and wondered if anything has been resolved.

As I said Webmail is alien to me - I've only ever used Windows mail.  I do have a talk talk account and I tried to add my other e mail account and got totally lost.  Is that how to use web mail - add the account to my talk talk account?  When I tried it said 'cant establish a secure connection', and 'do you want to ignore warnings', if I select yes I get an 'autoconfig failure' and then 'do you want to manually do it', if I select yes I get option for configuring incoming and outgoing mail - trouble is I don't know what to put in all the boxes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

robroy55
0 Likes

Bruce5
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Ady - but not satisfactory or acceptable. I have also had regular trouble with the email admin geeks who have blocked emails to me from a mail distribution relating to national and local beekeepers' organisations.  IT IS ONLY A TALKTALK PROBLEM, NOT OTHER EMAIL HOSTS, SO SOMEONE SOMEWHERE IS BEING FAR TOO ITCHY FINGERED AND TECHY, OR THE SOFTWARE OR ALGORITHMS NEED URGENT URGENT REVIEW.

I now see there is another thread on the same topic with several others who have had MS emails blocked, and you are involved there. But apparently no resolution or even an explanation yet.  please persuade them to get their digits out and sort it. sadly whilst TT are fairly good value, they are always having these problems, and I have been a loyal customer for at least 10 years, probably more.

don't you think it was time it was escalated to the CEO ??????

Someone is spoiling the ship for a ha'porth of tar - won't be long before it sinks. Or else you are just buying cheapo software with no-one who has enough expertise to sort it out.  GRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHH.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi Bruce5, I just checked and we're blocking it for suspicious activity. I'm waiting for more information from the email admins.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes