cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Webmail set up

robroy55
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Hello

I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 and I wanted to update my security details with Microsoft.  Unfortunately the verification process (Microsoft sending a code to my e mail address) did not work. I tried numerous times and different ways all to no avail

I have been in contact with Microsoft to try and sort out what was happening. A 3 hour webchat with Microsoft accounts and their tech guys who took remote control of my computer to try and sort it .  Nothing they tried worked.  They proved my account was able to receive messages from Microsoft, but the vital verify codes were not being received by my email account.  Their suggestion was to try webmail and talk to talktalk.

Webmail is alien to me - I've only ever used Windows mail.  I do have a talk talk account.  So I tried to add my other e mail account and got totally lost.  Is that how to use web mail - add the account to my talk talk account? 

When I tried it said 'cant establish a secure connection', and 'do you want to ignore warnings', if I select yes I get an 'autoconfig failure' and then 'do you want to manually do it', if I select yes I get option for configuring incoming and outgoing mail - trouble is I don't know what to put in all the boxes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

robroy55
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi robroy55, your TT mailbox is already set up in webmail by default. If you access webmail using the login details for your address it will give you access. I've checked and we are blocking registration reset emails from Microsoft so it won't help you fix this issue sadly. I've asked our email team to review the Ms issue. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes