email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing emails

MFree
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

All  of my historic emails in my inbox have gone. I have important emails that I need to recover.

Help please!

Thanks

M

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Chem72, please start your own thread and I'll be happy to help with a repair on the mailbox. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Good morning,

I am experiencing exactly the same issue - it happened yesterday, and all of my inbox was missing other than the last 6 or 7 emails received.

Overnight, the same has happened again, with yesterdays emails dissapearing and only this mornings remaining.

My email account is also a "tiscali.co.uk" account.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi MFree, I've run a repair on your mailbox to see if it would recover any missing mail. Sadly it didn't. Is there a chance that an old device that had this mail account set up on it might have been turned on?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi MFree

Noted that the tiscali webmail account appears to be working.  If you cannot see older emails it's either:

• A webmail page display issue
  • A mailbox repair is needed by TalkTalk
  • Emails have been downloaded from the mailbox by an email client or app like Thunderbird or Outlook (some email clients / apps will also delete older emails according to the customer's settings on the email client)

If webmail seems to be showing the latest emails but not older emails, that's usually just a page display / selection issue due to TalkTalk choosing to use some very pale colours for page display numbering.

In TalkTalk Webmail and looking at the Inbox or other folder then it's possible that you're just looking at the first page of emails.

The page size can be set to display up to 50 emails. Settings > Mail > Display > List Size. 

Going back to the Mail Inbox, bottom right of the email list is the list of page numbers. Page: [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ].  But only the current page is highlighted in pale blue and the other page numbers are greyed out.  Just move the pointer / cursor to the right of [ 1 ] and [ 2 ] will be highlighted and so on.  Select [ 2 ] and then [ 3 ] and so on.

On the possibility of there being mailbox corruption the TalkTalk team will, from Monday onwards, pick this topic up, look at the mailbox for you and carry out a repair job if deemed necessary. 

The final possibility is that someone has set up an email client to delete older emails. If you do use an email client like Thunderbird or Outlook then if that email client is set up as an IMAP account it will synchronise and show emails that are in the webmail Inbox.  If set up as a POP3 account its normal mode is to download and delete emails from the webmail Inbox but may be set to retain some emails and delete emails older than a given age, for example, delete if older than one month.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi @Gondola,

Thanks so much for replying. It is an @tiscali.co.uk account that I have had for years and has worked perfectly, until now.

I am able to send and receive emails from the account. All data prior to November 2018 appears to have disappeared, apart from a couple of folders which strangely appear to have retained mail. I have emails in the inbox from the last two weeks but nothing older.

There are important documents stored in my email, my childrens school reports etc, which I am now no longer able to access and desperately would like to retrieve.

I have added in the information as you suggested, thank you.

Will the community team OCE pick this up on Monday or do I need to contact them?

Thanks again for your advice, much appreciated.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @MFree

Are you using TalkTalk webmail and seeing that the Inbox there is empty?  Or do you see just the most recent emails?  Or are you using an email client or email app?

Can you log in to webmail and check you can send and receive email to and from another email account and that emails stay in the Inbox.

What email domain is it - that part of the email address after the @ i.e. talktalk.net or tiscali.co.uk or another?

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and email account to check for mailbox issues.  That'll be from Monday onwards.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes