cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Missing or slow delivery emails

Clerk
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Still having problems emails missing or arrival delayed on my tiscali email address.  Have used the analyzer and the only problem seems to be SPF authentication failed for the IP address.  I understand this to be part of the talk talk system so how can I sort this out?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hello,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Gmail.com emails are fully authenticated as are gov.uk emails.

Suggests that the analysis is flawed.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Clerk
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

the email was from a gmail.com account.  I have just analysed another email from a source I previously had problems with and the same SPF authentication failed is there.  This one is a .gov.uk and has a return path.  I have deleted the  majority of the IP path but it is different from the first one!

Clerk_0-1705581444733.png

SPF AuthenticationSPF Failed for IP - 82.203
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

If the Return-Path: line in the normally hidden email header is blank then the email header analyzer is correct in reporting that SPF authentication is not able to be verified.

Is the incoming email from someone using a personal domain email address?  If so, they'll need to get help from their email hosting service because an SPF text file to authenticate the host sending servers will need to be uploaded to the DNS servers for their personal domain and the Return-Path email address added to their outgoing emails to reference the domain that has the SPF authentication.

Let me know the domain - just the part of the sending email address after the @ symbol and I'll see if I can identify the hosting service.

0 Likes

Clerk
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Apologies I am not tech bright.  Where do I find this?  Have looked in the view info copied into the analyser and the only Return path I can see is blank

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Deferred or delayed delivery can happen when TalkTalk detects lack of sender authentication (no SPF found) and needs to scan the incoming email. And if there's a problem with the scanning then the incoming mail can be dropped (without bounceback if thought to be spam).

If there is no SPF authentication then only the originator of the mail messages can fix this with the help of their mail service email admins. 

Assuming you have received one of the mail messages have you checked for SPF authentication for the Return-Path: email domain?