cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

New Outlook - Laptop with Windows 10

CM8888
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I cannot get New Outlook emails sending or incoming onto my laptop Windows 10.

I have set up New Outlook on both my mobile and tablet and they are both working OK.

I can get Talktalk email working on my laptop.

Does anyone know how to sort this problem. I was OK with Outlook on my laptop  until New Outlook took over. I have deleted my email A/C and reset it back up again. The settings I used has been the same outputs.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

New Outlook does not currently work with TalkTalk Mail.  As you say, revert to Windows Mail and all will work perfectly well. Or switch to a conventional email client software like Mozilla's Thunderbird and again all will work well.

Microsoft say there are still bugs in the New Outlook software. The closest I can get to setting up is to Remove the account from all devices and then set up afresh as a new IMAP email account. However, despite using the TalkTalk email settings and the Username and Password from both incoming and outgoing servers, the New Outlook software fails to connect to the TalkTalk server to verify the settings. New Outlook then suggests a temporary password is needed and to "Please create an app password for Outlook on your email provider's site." But TalkTalk does not use temporary access app passwords.

I believe the root cause is that TalkTalk does not allow the connection to Microsoft servers because that will be detected as a security issue. Microsoft say that IMAP accounts will be synchronised to the Microsoft Cloud. So what's potentially planned is that all your mail messages would be downloaded to the Microsoft Cloud and synchronised to your New Outlook software from there. You might not think it is a security issue that Microsoft holds all your mail messages.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Marlow1
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Hello

I am tearing my hair out with the new Outlook App on Windows 10 which was working ok with TalkTalk email until today. I can no longer receive or send emails.

I called tech support but the person at the other end was unmable to help and I was told that she had not heard of anybody else with the same problem...........

I have deleted and re added my talktalk email account but to no avail and I do not know what the correct settings should be as it will not allow me to change anything.

Pleeeeease can someone help?  I have gone back to using the old system which works perfectly.

Thank you!!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

I cannot see what you see and don't know what the Red Envelope icon is nor how that's related to Outlook for Android or Outlook for iOS.

Outlook for Windows software when first launched was not working with TalkTalk Mail. Then it did work for a few months and now it doesn't. You can revert to Windows Mail and that still works with TalkTalk Mail and proves conclusively that tried and tested software is perfectly effective with TalkTalk Mail.

Microsoft are causing a lot of confusion calling everything Outlook related to Microsoft Mail and Calendar but using different software for different platforms. Yes, Microsoft are threatening to close Windows Mail and make it non functional so they'd better finish developing New Outlook aka Outlook for Windows and fully release a real working version.

CM8888
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hi Gondola - I was using the Red Envelope icon (Windows Mail?) on all my devices. I had to put my laptop into an IT repair for another problem and they told me to change over to Outlook as Windows Mail was stopping. I managed to do that on my laptop and it worked. A few months later there was a toggle button (top right} to click over to New Outlook. It seemed to work but then my emails have stopped coming In & Out on my laptop. I deleted my email A/C and set it up again. I can see old emails but not any new mails coming through. My emails are working OK on my mobile and tablet but they are still through the Red Envelope mail.

I did not know that New Outlook is not compatible with Talk.

Does that mean I have to go back through Windows Mail on my laptop - but what would happen if it is going to stop and then become Outlook?

Hopefully I have explained my problem for you to understand and can help.

I did not know I had to go through the community as I had seen your reply in my email. I have now re-sent my reply. (My 1st time using Community helpline. Thanks - looking forward for your help.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Outlook for Android or iOS mobile on a phone or tablet is quite different email software than New Outlook / Outlook for Windows that replaces Windows Mail on Windows devices.

New Outlook on Windows 10 software is not currently working with TalkTalk Mail because it makes no direct connection to the TalkTalk mail servers.

So, let's first clarify, for the avoidance of doubt, exactly what Outlook software you are running on the phone and also on the tablet if that's different.  It will not be New Outlook aka Outlook for Windows.

0 Likes