cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

No longer receiving emails from some senders

Stanners23
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

My wife and I are having issues receiving emails from our sons school and from Scottish Rugby SCRUMS system. 

We have contacted both and they said that their system is trying to send the emails to our accounts but we are nor receiving the messages. They said to check spam folders, no messages in there. To check blocked senders list, the addresses are not on there. I have looked through security settings and can't see anything that would be blocking certain emails from certain senders.

Does anyone know what could be the issue?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

The usual issue is a mail sender suppression listing of your email address. Schools usually use a mail sending service. The school admins can see their sent mail outgoing to the mail sending service. What they may not see is notification that the mail sending service has had trouble delivering to your email address after retrys and therefore their senders have automatically added your email address to a suppression list and no more mail messages will be sent.

The fix is to ask the school reception admins to contact the service operating the school email and for them to request the email admins for the mail sending service to remove your address(es) from the suppression list or whitelist your email address(es) if that option is available.

The Scottish rugby email domain is sru.org.uk and this has a number of mail senders listed but the main one looks to be Mimecast. Mimecast does have a whitelisting option that's available to the email admins via a control panel access. The other mail senders are Mailgun and Amazon SES and both of these operate mail sender suppression lists.

You mention a Blocked Senders (Filter) list. If your TalkTalk Mail accounts have inherited a Blocked Senders Filter rule from the former mail platform that was in use prior to 2018 then just delete that rule. It's way out of date so probably ineffective and could be blocking any Mimecast, Mailgun or Amazon SES mail messages so best to remove it completely.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes