cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Not receiving Personal Finance Portal notifications

AndyBee2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I have an account on a secure server/environment inside which myself and my Financial Adviser can communicate via email.

When I have new email on this server a notification email is sent to my tiscali email adress. This was working fine up until a couple of months ago, around the end of October, but I now don't receive these notifications. I've checked my Spam folder and they aren't in there either.

So could they have been filtered out by the Talk Talk server before they even reach my tiscali email account? The sender address of the notifications is noreply@gb.pfp.net

Many Thanks,

AndyBee2

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

As you say, it's encouraging that the platform is confident of resolving the issue. It will have been just removing your email address from the Amazon SES Account level Suppression list.

I appreciate your time to let me know. Always good to know when a topic is solved. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

So I finally got a reply from my Financial Advisor after I gave them details of the possible email bounce back issue you highlighted, and I quote "We recently raised a ticket with Intelliflo Support and the issue should now be resolved for you. If you still have any issues relating to your secure portal, please let me know."

Although I haven't yet had an email through the system to check whether I get a notification or not the fact that Intelliflo feel they have resolved an issue is encouraging that you were correct in your debugging of the issue.

Many Thanks!

Andy B

AndyBee

Message 3 of 7

Well, as you said when I log into my tiscali account I am also logged into the community - although what did confuse was trying to get to the community via links from my tiscali home page rather than opening a new tab for the community home page & bingo I'm in. MInor brain fart on my part I suspect. I noticed it auto logged me in as the second user i.e. andybee3 and I can't find a way of deleting the other AndyBee2 user... hey ho.

Anyway I have forwarded your answer to my Financial Advisor requesting them to get in contact with the IT department of the secure server and I'm still waiting on their reply.

Thanks again.

AndyBee

Message 4 of 7

Let us know how you get on with removing the email address from the Amazon SES suppression list. Just in case, here's some information from Amazon SES.

Both AndyBee2 and andybee3 appear to be linked to a TalkTalk customer account to which the login email address and password gets you signed in to Community. 

If the login direct to Community doesn't work because it doesn't give the option to continue after entering the email address then sign in to the customer MyAccount and whatever Community username has been linked should appear when going to the Community website and selecting the user icon top right.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Gondola,

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

I'll send the info to my Financial Adviser as they have the contact details of the pfp server and see if it can be resolved from their side.

You may notice I'm replying as AndyBee3... that's because I can't link the AndyBee2 to my TalkTalk account and when I created the AndyBee2 community user it never gave me the option of a password.

Hey ho, for the moment I have what I need so thanks again.

AndyBee2 & AndyBee3

AndyBee

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

The email services uses Amazon SES that uses email suppression to stop sending to email addresses that bounce back undeliverable mail.

So, if there was an undeliverable bounceback at the end of October the Amazon mail service would have your email address on its suppression list and wouldn't actually be sending any mail to you.

What you or your adviser should do is contact the administrator of the financial service that you use to request that your email address is removed from the suppression list and then you'll be able to get mail messages once more.