email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex email problems again

Cestrian42
Team Player
Message 11 of 11

I have been unable to log into my Pipex account for the past few days. The error mesage I get is "receiving reported error (0x800CCC92): your email server rejected your login. Verify your username and password for this account in Account Settings. The server responded : ERR Authentication failed."

I am using Outlook 2016 and have not changed my username or password. I also cannot login using either my Kindle or my mobile.  I was having problems logging in in October when many others were but assume this is a different problem.

How do I change my Pipex email password? I cannot remember what it is and can't discover it in Outlook so cannot use Webmail. I have used Mail Passview which has revealed the apparent password which is the same as the one I have used but it doesn't work for Webmail or via Outlook.

Peter Walker
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

The migration has already started at present I don't have the end date as there are one or two things being resolved that have shown up in the trial. You'll be contacted before your mailbox is migrated and given guidelines as to when it will happen. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Are you able to give everyone using this forum some idea of when the migration will start and how long it will take for everyone to be migrated?

By the way I have problems today with my TalkTalk emails. I will have to start another thread if it continues tomorrow.

Peter Walker
0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

When you're migrated you'll be able to reset your password whenever you feel the need. You will have to meet certain criteria with the new passwords to ensure the security is maintained. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi OCE_Ady, Abu phoned this morning with the new password which works. Much more complicated  (upper and lower case and numerals) than the simple lower case I have had from when I opened a Pipex account many years ago, which I could remember without having to keep a note of it, but then that's  modern security.

I have seen other threads which seem to indicate that you have started to migrate Pipex accounts. Is this actually happening and what is the timescale to complete the migration? When the accounts have been migrated will we be able to change our own passwords?

PS we could do with a spellchecker as you type facility on this forum. 

Peter Walker
0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

No call so far and it is now 17.05. He needs to ring my landline number as there is no mobile signal here.

Peter Walker
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 11

Hi Peter, I've raised the ticket for you. You'll get a call from Abu this afternoon with your new password. Please let us know how you get on. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi Peter

I've alerted Ady requesting he chase this issue up with the pipex email admins.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi Gondola, just realised that you don't work for TT.  Ady said to start a new thread as I put my problem on another thread but no one in TT seems to be doing anything for me. Although the call to my mobile must have come from TT and not you. 

Can Ady or someone else in TT please give me some help? 

Peter Walker
0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

No, I cannot login using the secure Pipex Webmail login. I have sent an email from Outlook from one of my other email accounts (with 123-reg) and no bounce back, but then as I can't login would I necessarily get a bounce back?

Why would the system reset my password? 

You tried to call my mobile but there is very little signal here so you need to ring my landline.

Is the way forward for you to reset my password so that I can try to login with the new password?

Peter Walker
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi Peter

Does your email work via the secure Pipex Webmail login? If the password doesn't get you logged in there then maybe the password has been changed by the system.

Do you get any bounceback error message when sending the pipex email address an email from another account?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes