cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Please reactivate IMAP email

suejj
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi

My email address isn't working for the Mail app on my iPad, but webmail is working. 

I understand that IMAP access may have been disabled due to not using or changing to secure settings. (my son had the same issue with his account - we both use email addresses on the same email subscription)

I have updated the settings on my iPad to use TLS and the correct port numbers. My iPad is a 6th Gen iPad running iPadOS 16.2

Please let me know if any more info is required in order to restore IMAP access

Thanks

Sue

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi suejj, I've added you to the list of mailboxes to be reset to full function.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

suejj
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thanks @Gondola - very much appreciated

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Access to your mailbox will have been limited to webmail as a last resort action to stop the use of insecure settings.

I'll request full access is restored on the basis that you will use secure mail settings only on any devices or services you use to view your mail messages.

The iPad is capable of secure mail and I'll add a guide below so you can double check. But the iPad will not authenticate access until full access is restored by TalkTalk.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing full access restored and the MyAccount account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPad

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution