cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Please reactivate my email account

caveman60
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

After my account was downgraded to webmail only, I have now updated my security settings. please could you reactivate my IMAP account using the primary email address in y private notes.

Many thanks

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

As your mailbox hasn't been limited I suspect maybe it's settings you're using. Please check your settings are correct you'll find the correct settings in the Email Settings Help Article. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

caveman60
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 13

Hi Ady, No, I have always had access via webmail, it was just the IMAP access on apple devices that wasn't working. But since posting, I have discovered that I had not kept up to date with my Mail-plus subscription...having paid the arrears, the accounts seem to have been re-activated. Presumably, it is necessary to pay £5 a month to keep even 1 legacy email active (when no longer a phone/broadband customer)?? I didn't realise this.  

Message 3 of 13

Hi caveman60, your mailbox is showing full service. Are you logging in via webmail and what error message are you gettin?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

caveman60
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 13

My account has lost its log-ins again (since mid May in fact). Can it be reset again?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi caveman60, your mailbox is fully functional. Please let us know if there's anything else you need help with.

Ady

Message 6 of 13

Still no email traffic being received on and same error message about no password provided

Message 7 of 13

The error message indicates that the device connection to the mailbox is not active because the password is not authenticated. So, I'd say the mailbox access has not been switched back on yet. There have been delays. Hopefully the mailbox will get restored during Monday so come back Tuesday and let us know. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

caveman60
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 13

I assume account has now been reactivated, but still can't link. On both iphone and ipad when I add new IMAP account with smtp.talktalk.net and mail.talktalk.net in outgoing and incoming servers together with email address and Password it just comes up with error message after checking for mail in inbox saying "Cannot get mail No password provided for "dsl.pipex.com" Please go to mail account settings and enter a password." Correct password is already there (with correct no of asterisks visible).

Have deleted and reentered settings several times without success. 

NB. After entering my name, email address and password in new account page it always comes up with a input screen under IMAP where none of the settings have been entered (so I need to add both ingoing and outgoing server settings and names)  so I can't just select "Advanced" to enter the Incoming Mail Server settings as implied in your IOS guide. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

We can advise on device and software compatibility with TLS 1.2 encryption and provide customer setup guides. Just let us know each mail collection service, each device, its operating system and email software including version that are in current use.

For a definitive check of email settings take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the Camera icon (desktop browser) or Picture icon (mobile browser) above this reply area.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

I have tried to update the settings on my hand-held devices in line with the support articles, but can't be sure they are correct until the service is reactivated. I wasn't able to make the mail account on my MAC computer accept the suggested security settings, so had to disable the account - more help on how to update on a MAC would be helpful

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi caveman60, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

I've requested that full access is restored for the email address mailbox in your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes.

TalkTalk Support will respond here and access returned within a couple of days after that. Until then ask the user to use TalkTalk Mail webmail via an up to date Internet browser to keep in touch with email contacts.

Are you confident that you need no help with checking the services / devices / email software for compatibility with secure mail and the incoming and outgoing server settings you're using? Did you identify the insecure settings, for example? The culprit device or software that got your mailbox access switched off?