email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with receiving emails

Catfanatic
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

My in box went very quiet on Wednesday 13th Oct and when still nothing new on Friday sent myself an email from another account which didn't arrive so started chat helpline.  The issue was with receiving emails, no problem in sending.  The issue could not be resolved and was advised being escalated.  However, when checking settings found autoforward had been set up to another (dodgy) gmail address and similarly a filter rule applied which was sending my emails to this and another suspect address.  Have disabled and restored settings and now all ok and report submitted to ActionFraud.  Can't seem to be able to report this to talktalk and all very disturbing and worrying for me.  What's going on?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hi Catfanatic 

Did you successfully change the mailbox password?

Do you need TalkTalk Support help? I ask because you don't appear to have updated your Community profile with your details. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Catfanatic 

Looks like your mailbox password has been discovered. Have you scanned your email devices to check for password grabbing virus, trojan or other malware? And then upgraded the email password to lock out the hacker?

Changing your email password

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes