cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Problems moving email from discontinued broadband account to new mail plus account

Oakmere2023
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

Hi

I just discontinued my TalkTalk broad band today(and changed over to new service provider) . But I am happy to pay to keep the email addresses. I have set up a Direct Debit (DD) to do this . The moment I set up the DD I was no longer able to sign in to old Broardband management account. I cannot complete a successful registration to the new Myaccount I wish to use to manage the Mailplus subscription. The actuall two email accounts are working fine. this is about trying to get management on them going forward. Customer support sent me a superemail login link but that also ended in a "technical failure" message

. Prior to switch over both emails where in the old mail plus management app.( I had been diligent and spoke to customer service prior to change - they advised i could only  start the process after the swap).

So  what do I need to do here to regain management of the email in the new paid for email plus account?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi Oakmere2023, I'm afraid some of the information provided doesn't match what's held on system. Please try submitting the alternate information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 20

Different staff are on at different times and not always every weekday, @Oakmere2023.

If it's not followed up today, it won't then be till after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Oakmere2023
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 20

Hi

I had a new PM sent over and i filled the link in. I also added a few details requested for private notes , this was done yesterday morning, when would I expect to get a response?

thanks

Message 4 of 20

The link in the PM is security related so does time expire. 

Message 5 of 20

Hi Ady , I think there is something wrong with the link you sent - maybe there is a time expiry on it, can try again tomorrow , I should be more available in the day (Thursday) , thanks

link worked for a few seconds then this appeared

"something went wrong"

Oops! You shouldn’t be seeing this. Please return to the social channel and contact your agent to try again."

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hi Ady I am at work at the moment 

I will answer the PM this evening. 
thanks .

Message 7 of 20

Hi Oakmere2023, I can help you move an existing email to your new MailPlus account.  I've sent you a personal message to get more information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 8 of 20

Thank You Gondola , I will wait for TalkTalk to contact me

Message 9 of 20

Good to know that the MailPlus subscription application was successful.

The one subscription allows up to 5 existing mailboxes to be added.

TalkTalk Support will add those for you. I'll make the request and you'll see a reply here and a follow up by Private message to verify the details.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 10 of 20

Morning

So I just set up the mailplus subscription £5 a month on one of my emails, I can log into mail , had an email to say direct debit is set up with an account number and service user number.

Predictably I cant log into the my account(based off what you said before I was expecting this).

So a penny might drop here , TalkTalk indicate 5 mailboxes to broadband account. Is mailplus 5 mailboxes or is mailplus one subscription = 1 mailbox?

If it is multiple mail boxes for one subscription how do I get my second mailbox under the subscription?

thanks

0 Likes

Oakmere2023
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 20

Hi

I will try again tonight when home to create the mailplus account and report back tomorrow. 
I am in work at the moment. I want to make sure I have all email and bank detail’s together before starting. Thanks for your response so far 

Message 12 of 20

Don't post or DM the emails about Direct Debits.

Have you tried the customer subscription process for applying for MailPlus?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

I never received anything from mailplus.

I have 2 direct debit emails from talktalk , both have never taken any money from my account.

One that was the initial break then one I tried with talktalk support. 
talktalk support where meant to contact me from an escalation team but never did. I lost heart after that but willing to try again now . Do you need the talktalk direct debit emails for reference? 
is it safe to share them or better to DM them? 
thanks 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

If you didn't receive an email confirmation to the email address validated during the sign up process for a MailPlus subscription then there probably is no active MailPlus subscription.  You should have received an email confirmation and notification of your MailPlus subscription account number and the Direct Debit mandate confirmation.

Do you know your MailPlus subscription account number?

Did you get an email from TalkTalk confirming your Direct Debit mandate?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi

thank you for replying 

I don’t mind where I manage the two talk talk addresses. So if that can be another way then happy to be shown that.

so far I have no confidence that a mailplus is set up as I have seen no direct debit leave my bank , no confirmation email and no billing emails.

given there are 2 talktalk emails to be paid for under one mailplus subscription I would expect there to be some sort of management portal somewhere for this ? 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 20

Hi Oakmere2023 

You posted your first post here on 14-07-2023 at 04:42 PM but it remained hidden and didn't get fully published until you verified your Community email address on 18-09-2023 at 07:49 AM and it was automatically escalated into the TalkTalk Support workflow at 07:51 AM.

Customer Service agents were correct that it's not possible to subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus until you've left TalkTalk. This is because the validation process for the user subscription for MailPlus checks for a valid TalkTalk email address that is not linked to an active customer MyAccount. Once you've left TalkTalk the validation process will accept the MailPlus subscription application and allow you to set up a Direct Debit mandate with a UK bank.

The subscription application email address is used as the MyAccount username login and the email password is the MyAccount password. However, there's currently no ability to access a MyAccount if the email password has been changed. This is because the TalkTalk MyAccount does not allow password changes that are not made via the TalkTalk network. And this puts MailPlus customers unable to access the MailPlus MyAccount because, inevitably, this MyAccount security protection device kicks in because MailPlus customers are by definition not connected to the TalkTalk network.

It's not actually necessary for MailPlus subscribers to have a MyAccount because there are workarounds. Let us know what you wish to manage via MyAccount.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus

Cancel TalkTalk MailPlus

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Your thread is in the queue for attention, @Oakmere2023  - the first post hadn't escalated so wasn't in the workflow. 

Please wait for staff to reach your thread as it is now functioning correctly for them to actually see it!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Oakmere2023
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Not sure if anyone can see the first post.

I had broadband and email from talktalk. I wish to keep the email. Happy to pay.

on the day I tried to subscribe to email I was locked out the management account. No amount of technical support has been able to fix this . How do I get to a 3rd or 4th line support and get past those that don’t understand?

0 Likes

Oakmere2023
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

Actually 2 months ago but problem remains, never got anywhere with talktalk support. Never direct debited for any plus mail. Email working on addresses associated with old broadband . Would love to keep them. Any 3rd or 4th line talktalk looking at this as your 1st and2nd line did not understand?

0 Likes