email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover Legacy email password

DavidBarton
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

I have a lineone email account that I use with Windows Live Mail on a Win7 PC.

Unfortunately I overwrote the (unknown) password within the client and can no longer send/receive emails. The password reset procedures appear to require receiving an email to my lineone account (which does not work) or to my alternative account which no longer exists.

Anyone any suggestions please

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9
Great feedback David, thank you.

Message 2 of 9

Ady is the best. Great support and he'll appreciate the acknowledgement as do we all @Lorrainef 

Thanks for your feedback David.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 9
OCE_Ady has sorted me out.

Want to record a massive thank you!!!!

Message 4 of 9

Hi David

An alternative email address will suffice. If you don't have one to use for password recovery then the solution is to create a new Gmail address. 

https://www.google.com/gmail/about/

I'll also say that to keep the lineone email address available on supported devices, avoid restriction to webmail access only via an Internet browser, and avoid subsequent deletion the email address must be added to a TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount. 

As you've indicated that you are not a customer at present then you'll need to be aware of TalkTalk Mail Plus which is the subscription service for mail only customers. About TalkTalk Mail Plus 

Message 5 of 9

Secure verification is a problem for me.

As a legacy email user I do not have (as far as I know) a talktalk account number

Also I do not have a mobile phone

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi DavidBarton, I've sent you a personal message with a secure verification link. Once you've replied I'll be able to request the updating of your password reset details. 

As well as the reply to the secure verification link please send me another PM including an alternate email address to use in the password reset tool. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 7 of 9
Thx for the response - much appreciated. I hope the Staff Member can sort me shortly.

I was aware that my alternative email address was no longer valid but was unable to find an option to replace it.
Can anyone assist with that as well.

Thx
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi David

First advisory is that both Windows Live Mail and Windows 7 are deprecated products no longer supported by the supplier Microsoft with essential security updates. 

Microsoft advise that taking them online is risky because of the need to keep them up to date.

Having said that, you haven't kept password recovery options up to date. TalkTalk will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up password recovery Reset details.

A TT Staff member will respond here.