email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending emails from iPhone

des2512
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

Hi

i have a @Tiscali.co.uk email address. Which had worked fine until a few days ago. I receive emails, no problem but no can’t send them. I just use the ‘mail’ on the iOS system. I can send if I log into my talk talk account no problem, but I love the convenience of just clicking on a mailbox icon. There is also no ‘sent box present. Checked the outgoing mail settings which are correct I believe

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi des2512, thanks for posting back to let us know that Gondola helped you get this sorted. To help others find the same solution quickly I've marked the post as the best answer. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

No worries.

We appreciate you taking time out to let us have your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 9

I realised that I had to add a whole new outgoing server using the configuration you gave me. This quickly resolved it. Thanks again for your help

Message 4 of 9

Can we get some feedback please so we know what went wrong?

Message 5 of 9
Hi
Me again, it’s sorted. Thanks for your help

Message 6 of 9

That's not going to verify. You're sure of the password? And you don't use a VPN perhaps with an Internet Security product that could be holding up access?

Take screenshots of the mail server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of your email address and upload here so I can see what you see. 

Message 7 of 9

Hi

thanks for the response. The iOS settings are up to date. I have put in the new server settings. So far it had taken 40 minutes to verify! and is still on going? 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @des2512 

What's the iPhone version and the Mail software and version?

These are the Incoming and Outgoing server settings for the Tiscali.co.uk email account. You'll probably need to edit the mail server names to make sure the incoming server Host name is mail.talktalk.net and the outgoing server Hostname is smtp.talktalk.net and if asked to accept a certificate / trust the server the answer is yes / accept / trust.

Account Type  IMAP (recommended)
Username Full tiscali email address
Password tiscali email password
Incoming Host name mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port 993
Incoming Security Type use SSL
Outgoing SMTP Host name smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Security Type use SSL
Require sign-in Yes
Authentication Password

If your settings are different or you get an error message then let us know what the settings are and what the error message is.