cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Smtp server failure

LeePH
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi

I've always used the smtp.talktalk.net server to send emails using Thunderbird on my PC and pop.123-reg.co.uk to receive. All of a sudden I am receiving an error message of `Sending of the message failed. The message could not be sent because connecting to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.talktalk.net failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your Outgoing server (SMTP) settings are correct and try again.'

Any advice would be gratefully received.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hi LeePH, it looks like Gondola has this covered.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

You may not use the TalkTalk outgoing SMTP mail servers to send your personal domain email. TalkTalk Mail does not authenticate outgoing mail from non-TalkTalk domains. You may have used the outgoing servers to send mail in the past but no longer. Such mail is usually marked as spam by recipient mail services anyway so you were doing yourself no favours.

Use the mail servers provided by the mail hosting service you're using. If that's 123-reg they have mail hosting packages starting at £1.99/month.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution