cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Spam file is permanently empty and I'm losing important emails

EdwinFitchett
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Recently I have become aware that emails which I know have been sent just aren't apearing in my inbox but when i check spam the folder is always empty . How can I sort this so that I receive these emails

edwinfitchett
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

When selecting Filter rules did that show a screen indicating there are no filter rules defined? If there are filter rules then troubleshoot by deleting or disabling regardless of whether the legacy Blocked senders rule is there or not.

It's important to ensure nothing is redirecting mail from the Inbox.

Then you'll need to tell us which domain mail isn't being delivered to the Inbox so we can check for authenticated mail sending.

If it's a business mail/bulk mailer then the most common reason for non delivery is the suppression of sending by the mailer. This is a protective measure and the originator may not be aware until their email admins remove the suppression on sending. So you may need to ask for that check before re-testing.

When it's positive that mail should be received and there's no bounce back to the originator, TalkTalk can check back over a period of no more than 7 days for delivery results.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 4

I've had a look through settings and can't find anything labelled blocked senders. I do often check trash to see if missing emails have gone in there but have never found one.

many thanks

edwinfitchett
0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Messages will normally arrive in the Inbox unless tagged as possible spam when they'll be redirected to the Spam folder for 30 days for review until system deletion.

Messages may be redirected by Filter rules. Have you checked TalkTalk Mail webmail via a desktop browser to see if you have any Filter rules defined?  Some customers may have inherited the Blocked senders filter rule from the former TalkTalk Mail platform and this operated by detecting a particular mail sender and moving that incoming mail to the Trash folder. So, check Trash whilst you're signed in to webmail.

Inadvertent user deletion would also move mail to the Trash folder for 30 days until system deletion.

Let us know what you find.

Which domain emails aren't you receiving? Gmail.com or Yahoo.com or Outlook.com or AoL.com or another mail service or personal / business domain?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes