cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

F2S toTalkTalk Business/Residential Hybrid: e-mail server: mail.overssl.net

d_j_h
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Help!?  We're happy to keep our long standing email address, decades - f2s.com, and TalkTalk has been kind enough to allow this.  However, when we changed from TalkTalk Business to Residential, for various reasons, our email remained with TalkTalk Business, with a different email server than is listed anywhere else on any TalkTalk webpage offering guidance.  We've had a bad few months with things digital, and that includes a curious update from Microsoft for Windows 10 that ended up with our having to wipe the drive and do a raw reinstall of Windows 10.  In the process we lost our other software tools, including our email software, Microsoft Outlook.  I've been chasing up those missing tools and after a successful and unproblematic reinstall of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, the next important want was to re-enter our email account with TalkTalk.  I had written down the details beforehand, the server being 'mail.overssl.net'.  Here's where the problems occured.  Eventually I managed to get part of it to work, but it wasn't right, only the Inbox showed, nothing else.  I called and after some confusion jumping through hoops I had a long roundabout with folks at TalkTalk, who at first hadn't a clue at all, obviously the wrong department to start with, and then gave me and emailed me with links to what's online here - and none of it is relevant to either what I'd had from before, so useless.  Here's what I know from the past, needing to know exactly all the details I need to receive and send email via our address with TalkTalk - Email Server Settings:
• Username: e-mail address - - - @f2s.com 

• Server type: IMAP
• Incoming e-mail server: mail.overssl.net
• Incoming port: 993
Encryption method: ? SSL/TLS ?
[ ? ] Requires logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)
• Outgoing e-mail server: mail.overssl.net
• Outgoing port: 465 previous / (587 via phone, 11/07/2023, which doesn't work...)
? • Outgoing authentication: On ?
? - • Outgoing SSL: Yes - only Outgoing ?
Encryption method: ? SSL/TLS ?
[ ? ] Requires logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) 

- I also tried two phone numbers but only was kept on hold with the usual background music, except one time it eventually rang - then went dead...  I'll try again tomorrow, but maybe someone here knows what we need and will share that knowledge with me before more hangin' on the phone...  It's my wife's laptop too, so the sooner I can sort all this out for her the better for us both...  Here's hoping...

cerdd-i-pax
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

d_j_h
Team Player
Private Message
Message 1 of 8

'Outbox' - Duh!  Me being my usual dyslexic self...  Diolch/Thanks for reminding me.  This I knew, but recent digital mayhem and lost sleep have mired my thought processes in molasses...dark blackstrap molasses...  I've also just made a transfer of some backed up .pst files, hoping that will register too.  Among the worst of our digital woes is the now blank monitor/display screen in our dear hybrid Lexus...  Diolch/Thanks for your time and patience and the help, much appreciated...

cerdd-i-pax

Message 2 of 8

Outbox is mail that's queued awaiting sending. The Outbox is normally empty and Sent mail will be synchronised to the current online Sent objects folder.

If the online mailbox has a lot of content then it will take a little time to synchronise all folders locally.

Looks like the connection is all working so that's good to know. At least you don't need to navigate through the minefield of TTB Customer Support...

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

d_j_h
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

Crazy! - Suddenly the missing folder and contents arrive!!! 

Halelujah! - Some have been found and have filled with the missing emails: 

Outbox - don't quite understand this category...

Archive - Found with content!

Spam - Found!

Trash (Deleted) - Found with content! 

Next I have to add three old saved Outlook files and see what happens...

Diolch/Thanks for any patience and time given to this quandary of mine.  Curious how long it took for those missing files to pop up, and the final arrival the 'Trash' folder.  I'm relieved to see them back...  Iechyd da! / Wishing any reader good health...

cerdd-i-pax
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Halelujah! - Some have been found and have filled with the missing emails: 

Outbox - don't quite understand this category...

Sent - Found with content!

Drafts - Found with content!

Archive - Found with content!

Spam - Found!

Trash/Deleted - MISSING!? - & there is quite a lot of content! 

We try to practice the art of archiving most of our email, minus the commercial and the SPAM...

cerdd-i-pax
0 Likes

d_j_h
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Curious, it works but some of the same weirdness persists, folders are either empty or missing completely.  Using what shows in the online/server based mailbox: 

Inbox = 199 emails

Outbox (Sent) = EMPTY!  & it shouldn't be...

Deleted - MISSING!? - & there is content!

Drafts - MISSING!? - & there is content!

Archive - MISSING!? - & there is content!

Spam - MISSING!? - & there is content!  

Trash - MISSING!? - & there is content! 

I believe all of these folders were also in the original Outlook entry, before we had to reinstall everything.  Where has it all gone?  This was the main reason I didn't trust my original entry, so much missing that clearly shows when accessing our email via the TalkTalk servers...  It would be nice to know instead of just furrowing my forehead from confusion and worry...  

cerdd-i-pax
0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi d_j_h 

The Outlook 2016 - Outlook 365 setup for f2s mail is as follows:

Account Type  IMAP secure
Username Full f2s.com email address
Password f2s.com email password
Incoming mail server mail.overssl.net
Incoming Port (IMAP) 993
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS
Outgoing mail server mail.overssl.net
Outgoing Port 465
Outgoing Connection Security SSL/TLS
My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication Yes, tick
Authentication Method Normal Password (Do not use SPA)

Do let me know that you've successfully logged back in to your mailbox. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

d_j_h
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

The above details include what I'd recorded in the past and additional requests/questions asked by Microsoft Outlook...

cerdd-i-pax
0 Likes