email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still Not receiving some emails

UserError
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 7

I posted about this in 2017 and was met largely by an apologetic wringing of hands.

My problem then and now:

Hi, I am not receiving a minority of emails.  These are mostly account registration/authentification types.

The answer from OCE_Ady Community Team - TT Staff  was

"I think it's likely that the network level spam filtering is blocking the senders as suspected spam. There's not much I can do to help with that other than to suggest that the sender contact our email admins at domains@talktalkplc.com. The admins will then check to see if and why we're blocking them."

That's not much help as large companies make it as hard as possible to contact them properly (see TalkTalk for example).  In this latest case it's Royal Mail who really don't want to be bothered by their customers.

😠

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Product-Archive/Not-receiving-some-emails/m-p/2070201/thread-id/...

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi UserError, how are you getting on now? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

Hi UserError 

You've confirmed you have nothing in your lineone mailbox blocking these occasional confirmation emails.

If these 'confirmation' emails are just ones to prove you exist and are not sign-ups to receive a stream of mailshots or other communications etc then I have a top tip for you. 

Never sign up with your own email address. If these websites store your email address just as a verified login but not for any other regular communication you can, subject to the website terms, use a disposable email address or DEA. You'll usually be able to create a randomised email address that has a life of around 60 minutes which is sufficient time to receive a verification link from the website, click on that and have your sign in confirmed. This means if the website is compromised you haven't compromised your lineone email address.

If you're creating content or needing the login email address to also receive communications and you might need to recover access if you forget the login password then that's needing a full time mailbox so you could use a DEA from a provider like Yahoo Mail or set aside one of your TalkTalk mailboxes that you'd never use for banking, shopping or other financial transactions / subscription services.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

UserError
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 7

Ady,  thanks but I can't say as I've only ever noticed this with (some) confirmation emails and that only happens once in a while.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7
Hi, thanks for that. It's lineone.net. I've just checked for rules and there aren't any and also definitely nothing in trash or spam.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi UserError, please let us know how you're geting on after you follow Gondola's advice. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @UserError 

What's your email domain, for example talktalk.net, lineone.net and one of the tiscali family or something else?

If your mailbox is on the TalkTalk Mail platform, as each of the above mail domains are, have you checked to ensure there's no Blocked Sender's Filter inherited from the former mail service. Preferably that there are no Filter rules at all running just in case mail is being diverted or blocked from your Inbox.

Always wise to also check in the Spam and Trash folder just in case.

Filter rules - Disable

If you do see any active rules then select Disable for all of them.

NB if you're using a mobile browser then select the desktop browser version using the three vertical dots top right of the browser screen.

Let us know what you find and if you'd like further active help.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer