email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to delete my old Tiscali email

icecrispy
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I have an old Tiscali email account, which I no longer use. I'd like to delete the account, particularly as it now receives a huge amount of span.

However, when I try to log in to the 'My Account' section of the TalkTalk website, the process gets stuck on the loading screen.

Is there any other way to request that my email address is deactivated?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi icecrispy, Gondola's suggestion is excellent. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6

Hi icecrispy 

You're indicating that the email address was first registered to the account holder, your parent.  If that account holder is available it may be easier if they added the mailbox to their MyAccount if there's not currently more than 4 mailboxes present. All they need is you to give them the email address and its current password. Then they can delete it as previously indicated.

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Add an existing mailbox.png

I'm assuming that the password hasn't been changed and you're still receiving mail because you know or your email software knows the password? If the email address wasn't previously added to your own customer MyAccount then you/they can give instructions for mailbox deletion to the TalkTalk Data Protection Office team.

The DPO team will need 5 items of personal data as verification of who you/they are and that you/they are verifiable as the registered user of the email address.  See the GDPR help page item 'Your Right to be Forgotten / Right to Erasure '.

For example, along with the Email address for deletion:

• Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Copy of either current driving licence / or Passport / or Council tax Bill.

When you're verified and the mailbox is deleted you'll receive written confirmation to your current home address. It's usually a couple of weeks to get that confirmation but do let us know how you get on. We appreciate feedback even when sending members off site to get the solution.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 6

Hi icecrispy, Gondola has given you all the advice you need to get this sorted. The data protection team can request deletion for you and will be done. Follow the steps as given. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi @Gondola –

Thanks for your comprehensive response!

Unfortunately, I think my Tiscali address may have somehow become orphaned from the original bill-payer's account (which belonged to my parents). As a result, my email address doesn't doesn't show up under their account for deletion.

I still can't sign in to 'My Account' directly – as before, it gets stuck on the loading screen. I can't reset my password, either, as it says "it looks like there is a technical problem".

There doesn't seem to be any Live Chat available at the moment, so I would be grateful if a member of the TalkTalk team could assist me through here.

Cheers!

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @icecrispy 

You can ask the TalkTalk Data Protection team to delete your tiscali mailbox.  As you're a current customer you can LiveChat to set that in process.

Or wait for the TalkTalk team here to pick up and verify your customer details and set the process in motion from here.

But by far the easiest way is to login to your Customer MyAccount (click here) and carry out the deletion yourself.

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Delete a mailbox.png

MyAccount is working ok here. So if we can get you signed in the job will be done and dusted.

If having trouble signing in try a different browser and suspend any Internet security / tracker blocking or other blocker.

To link this topic to your TalkTalk service please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution