cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TT991 why is your mta blocking every email

Charlie247
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

we have recently launched a new mta to expand our capacity (currently we send approx. 6-9 million emails a month) if we push the mail through the new mta we are constantly blocked with error TT991. we can send if we are lucky 3 an hour of ones that have retied for days.

the recent issues started are around the implemented cloudmark however cloudmark do not have us listed https://csi.cloudmark.com/en/reset/ 

it is clear its not a content and defiantly not on delay to scan as previously inferred as the take pattern is too constant and the content is the same. 

please explain why you are backlisting our IP's when they are not listed on any RBL sites or bad reputation sites.

something has changed in the last 3-4 weeks which now means its a no or go scenario like you have an IP reputation list out of date.

we can send to every other provider so please explain how we can send to your customers that have double opted in to our emails as transaction emails.

Many thanks!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

You could make a complaint. You'll find the details of how at the bottom of each TalkTalk web page. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

so where does this leave us other than several months of failed emails and a queue that constantly growing. if you don't have the contacts who do we exoculate this to?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

I'm afraid I've had nothing back. Well that's not fair to the networks team they have acknowledged the need for a Postmaster system to help ISP/ESP get faster response through direct contact which after 8 years of prodding and poking isn't too bad, but it doesn't help you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Charlie247
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 12

Any update as nothing has changed and this has been weeks now?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Charlie247, I've passed the information on to the email team and asked them to investigate. 

Ady

Message 6 of 12

Staff don't respond to PMs unless they asked you to reply about something, @Charlie247.

The information should have been put in Private Notes which is different  - it's at the end of the Personal Information section in your community forum profile details. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings.  SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 7 of 12

Hi Ady,

I sent you a private message as requested last week but have not heard anything back.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi Charlie247, please  add the affected sending address in private notes on your community profile and I'll check it for you. 

Ady

Message 9 of 12

Start with a handful of messages to customers that you're sure are going to open the messages. Reputation needs to be built over several weeks. I'm sure you know this anyway.

I'll ask TalkTalk Community Support to pick up the topic and they'll ask for the domain to pass on to the email admins.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 10 of 12

We are drip feeding the Mail to TalkTalk so far we are trying to push around 60 a day of just talktalk emails but cannot even do that. Something changed around the 30th August like the scanning queue is overwhelmed (not by us). We are trying to send 8 emails today and are already 7 hrs in to attempting to send. 

Is there a build up rate you can recommend as we are happy to go slower if there is a solution?

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Your mail is not being blocked if there's a TT991 bounce as that will describe what's happening as "deferred for scanning". i.e. delayed delivery.

However, if you immediately start sending millions of emails into TalkTalk then inevitably mail will get dropped because the scanning process will take time and would be overwhelmed. So, as with every new service / new MTA you need to have a slow start up period so your sending reputation can be built up. When deemed that there's no need to scan every mail message then your mail delivery will not be deferred all the time.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution