cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TalkTalk mail via MS Outlook

nottoc
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Since friday 15th december I have been unable to send/receive anything to my Outlook page, from TalkTalk.

A message comes up to that effect. Over the weekend, a box also appeared, asking for my password, which never came up before, however entering the password has no effect and the pop-up box re-appears. The mails are getting through to the TalkTalk website, so I can see them that way, but since friday, not via Outlook.  Anyone got any ideas?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi nottoc, have you tried removing the mail account from your email client and readding it? If this is just an Outlook glitch that often fixes the problem.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

nottoc
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Hi again Ady,

I looked at the IMAP Account settings and incoming mail settings in Outlook.

In the 'server' box it shows Incoming mail as  'imap.talktalk.net'  to Port 993 - in the settings you refer to, it shows 'incoming mail server' as 'mail.talktalk.net' .

Does this mean I have to change to 'mail.talktalk.net' to enable mail to come through to Outlook? Have Talk talk changed their server (I know they were transferring lots of accounts to new servers a few months ago, and I had the same problem then, but it auto-resolved after a few weeks).

Sorry, I'm not a computer geek, so don't want to change anything and cause a problem.

The outgoing mail settings look the same as the recommended settings, so nothing different there.

Please let me know.

0 Likes

nottoc
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hi Ady, thanks for the reply.

I tried the Service centre - but all 3 options under the testing Home settings like speed etc, show a message that the service is not available due to TalkTalk problems!

There haven't been any changes on my side - my mail client is Plusnet and has been for several years. They haven't told me about any changes to settings but I will check with them.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi nottoc, what mail client is it and what version?  Are you using the correct mail settings as found in Email Settings help article

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes