email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk read emails showing as unread (in web-based email)

paulizdb
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi there,

All emails since the end of January (@talktalk.net account) are not showing as read after reading them. I.e. the sender and subject line are staying bold and the envelope on the left is still blue and not grey. So they all look like they are unread and it makes it really hard to manage them.

I can see some similar posts from 2018 but I can't see any evidence of how to fix it my end.

I confirm that this is not viewing in an email client but web-based (on more than one computer).

Please help/advise.

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

HI paulizdb, Gondola will get this sorted for you. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @paulizdb 

What computer Operating system are you using and which browser version?

Select the View function from the top right toolbar. Select the Vertical layout so you see the List view on the left of centre and the Detail view on the right of centre at the same time.

When you see a new unread email in the List view it'll have a blue envelope to the left of the Subject line. Select the email from the List view and the envelope should disappear from the List view and is grey lined in the Detail view.

Is this action the same on the browser you're using?

To troubleshoot, change the mailbox password and sign in just via a browser on one computer. Does the mailbox perform as expected?

If the Outlook email client was connecting to the mailbox? - we have seen issues previously when a fault with Outlook was causing mail to be repetitively marked as unread. 

Changing the mailbox password would exclude other connections to the mailbox that could be causing the issue.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution