cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali.co.uk emails going into Spam in gmail recipients

PeeJay2
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I have a tiscali.co.uk email address. I am aware that some of my emails to Gmail addresses (particularly with attachments) drop into the recipient's Spam/Junk folder.

This does not seem to have been sorted at the Gmail end.

Is there a problem with me using my tiscali.co.uk address as it is now "old" and I wondered if that was the problem? I really don't want to change unless necessary.

any thought anyone?

Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

Hi PeeJay2, it's not you or your mailbox its Gmail. They changed policies a few months back and since then lots of mail hits the spam folder rather than the inbox. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Bruce-WH
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Hi Gliwmaeden2, thanks for your response. I have updated my profile, and added my issue as a new topic. Thanks, Bruce-WH

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

@PeeJay2, staff will reply during the week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 4 of 6

@Bruce-WH, if you use the forum search engine, you'll find much discussion of this - choose the "forums" category to get the right group of results.

If you need to discuss this further, please return to the message board and click on start a topic, as it is a slightly different issue from the original poster's question and needs it's own thread.

Also complete your community forum profile details for specific help. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Bruce-WH
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

I have been having the same problem since March, with my tiscali.co.uk email using TalkTalk Webmail, but not just with emails with attachments. Reporting this to Gmail (3 times) has received zero response, and Tiscali Help just say their email servers are working correctly and it's a Gmail issue!
I have tried researching Gmail's articles about avoiding emails being identified by Gmail as spam, and Gmail made changes in this area earlier in 2024, see :
https://support.google.com/a/answer/81126?sjid=5234581623965933393-EU&visit_id=638595285171003147-28...

As a first question, does anyone know whether TalkTalk has email authentication set up for the tiscali.co.uk domain using either SPF or DKIM?

I am not a bulk email sender, but I do use email a lot for various committees etc that I am on, as well as friends and family, and it is exasperating how many of my emails have not been picked up by Gmail recipients, as they have gone to their spam folders. Of course, a Gmail user can mark one of emails as 'not spam' and that avoids the problem recurring - but I don't always have other contact details for recipients.

Are other Tiscali users of TalkTalk webmail having this problem? If so, it would indicate a problem with the webmail sending configuration.  

0 Likes