cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali email address not syncing

sandall
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I have five Tiscali email addresses, accessed via Windows Mail. 2 days ago just one of these stopped receiving or sending (unfortunately the most-needed one), with a warning triangle & the same message quoted as by @Marvhead1 - 'We couldn't access this account TalkTalk email. You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device'. All 5 addresses have the same server settings, & 2 of them share the same password as the problem one. Using 'Fix account' & re-entering the password merely repeats the process. I followed the advice from @Gondola to reset Mail & Calendar, which has had no effect (apart from changing viewing settings). I had already restarted my PC, with no effect.

At one time you could just download messages from the TalkTalk server, but this no longer seems possible (the Webmail versions of my addresses all show warning triangles & empty inboxes).

Interestingly, Thunderbird stopped receiving new emails for this address a few days earlier, which might be related to the most recent Windows updates.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

Hi Sandall, please send me a personal message with the email address that's not working. Does it work in webmail? When did you last reset the password?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

sandall
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2

Couldn't get beyond the Choose Avatar screen, as 'Finish' is way off the bottom of the visible page - now found it by zooming right out.

Message 3 of 6

@sandall, I'll move this thread to the email message board. 

Staff will not reach it till after the Bank Holiday, however. 

Make sure that your profile details are complete in Personal Information. Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu.....add you name and Talktalk phone number or account number. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

sandall
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Bill

Yes, these are the settings for my 5 Tiscali addresses. The other 4 are working as normal but 1 has just stopped syncing (2 others using the same password are fine). TalkTalk "Tech" telephone "Help" has so far been less than helpful.

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

I have a '@tiscali.co.uk' email address. And it still works on Windows Mail.

My Windows Mail uses,

Imcoming email server: imap.talktalk.net:993:1
Outgoing email server: smtp.talktalk.net:587:0

which are 'talktalk.net' addresses.

Bill