cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali emails to gmail accounts are going into spam (again!)

JohnRandCo
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 42

Our tiscali emails, when sent to regularly used and well known gmail accounts, are ending up in spam. This has happened in the past after talktalk upgrades seem to have affected settings. I note that other people have recently reported tiscali emails to gmail not arriving, but I think they are probably in spam. First noticed on 20th Feb but could be related to the email update by Talktalk on 15th Feb referenced on Twitter.

41 REPLIES 41

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 42

We know that Gmail is dropping some TalkTalk Mail into the Spam folder. It's a Gmail decision but probably done automatically by their mail servers. Mail sent by TalkTalk is fully authenticated so the reason for Gmail doing so is not obvious.

The TalkTalk Mail admins are aware and will be doing what they can.

Nothing to do with migration to TalkTalk's new mail platform. And not all mail sending is affected.

Send from TalkTalk Mail webmail and Gmail is dropping the fully authenticated mail into a Spam folder. Send from the same TalkTalk Mail account via an email client or email app like Thunderbird, as I've just retested, and the mail message is received normally into the Gmail Inbox. Gmail are, for whatever reason, detecting the sending IP address of the TalkTalk webmail outgoing SMTP servers and automatically tagging the mail as potential spam. i.e. Gmail aren't checking for spam content nor taking account of the fully authenticated status of the TalkTalk Mail.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution