cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali webmail only stores mail for one month?

4 REPLIES 4
Jaybee73
Chatterbox

Hello,

I have a Talk Talk Broadband Account and have had a Tiscali email address for several years.  Most of the time I accessed my emails through MS Outlook.  After a recent hard drive failure, loosing all data, I have yet to reinstall Microsoft so am accessing emails via Talk Talk webmail but frustratingly everything older than about a month is not there!  How can I change the settings so that I can view old emails, or going forward, prevent them disappearing after one month? I've gone in to the settings on webmail but nothing obvious!

Thanks 

JB
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Jaybee73 

There is no user setting within TalkTalk Mail for automatically deleting mail messages after a pre-determined time. Mail messages will stay in the Inbox until deleted and then they'll be moved to the Trash folder.

However, Outlook, when set up as a POP3 email account, does have user settings to leave mail messages on the server and then delete from the Inbox mail messages older than a month (or a user defined time).  It's likely that Outlook was set up in this way. Leave mail messages in the server Inbox for 14 days is a normal default setup of a POP3 email account.

The better setup is to use IMAP because then Outlook and webmail will both mirror what's in the online mailbox.

It's always recommended to take regular backups of mail messages whichever way you view mail messages because TalkTalk do not include a mail recovery / backup service in TalkTalk Mail.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Jaybee73
Chatterbox
Thank you. So I will need to go get Outlook again and set up the email using IMAP instead of POP3? Is there a link to guidance showing what I should do? Thanks
JB
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Jaybee73 

The advice on adding a mail account to Outlook is here.

The Email settings for TalkTalk Mail managed email addresses are given in the TalkTalk Mail Support Hub Email settings find out more.

Come back if you'd like further help and let us know how you get on as we like feedback on the advice given.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jaybee73, Gondola won't let you down. Don't forget to mark the answer that helps you sort this out as best answer to acknowledge Gondola's support. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.