cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Today's phishing e mail supposedly from TT

Geluk
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Reported to TT;

Phishing e mailPhishing e mail

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

Well done for reporting a phishing email.

Obviously not from TalkTalk that would never use an iCloud email address so easily identifiable as a standard phishing email from scammers that know your email address. So, expect more of the same so be alert and keep your device security up to date

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

TechSerf
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hmmm.   Since 26th July I've been getting a few, but not many, of the emails I expect to receive via my onetel.com email address.  I've got a separate thread on this.  (I'm waiting for one of the senders to provide me with an error code to give to TalkTalk, but it's proving a lengthy process.  Hopefully nothing important going missing.  Perhaps the emails are sitting in a queue somewhere, blocked because some piece of software doesn't like something about them (mostly news type messages).  But is it at the sender end, or the TalkTalk end?).

Seeing this thread, and others commenting on some widespread mail security certificate problem, I wonder if there is a particular problem with onetel.com, known to the 'baddies' out there but not TalkTalk.

0 Likes