cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Login not possible at the moment. Please try again later. (LGI-0005)

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Hi TalkTalk,

Tried to access mail this morning and noticed POP server not responding in my client apps for Mac and iDevices, tried Web Mail and got the below notice.

"Login not possible at the moment. Please try again later. (LGI-0005)"

Can someone look in to this please.

Si.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Thanks for the information Si

Chris

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 15

Hi Chris,

I now know why it may have all went down this morning, for me anyhow…just got the below in my Inbox.

IPadIPad

It appears I’ve  been “upgraded”…though I thought we were going to be told prior to this happening, may be a lack of coordination in one department or another.

Anyhow, that message does prove all is still working.

Believe this issue can now be closed out.

Regards,

Si.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

MailWasher logged in and downloaded at 10:42, and again at 10:52, 01/09/2023

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Thanks for the update Si 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi Chris,
Issue not resolved for me yet.
Status at 10:33, 01/09/2023, webmail working, no access via Mailwasher, Thiunderbird, which fail to login

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 15

Hi Chris,

Was still getting that mail server not responding as I started typing this reply…but then started see mail coming through, so fingers crossed it’s just now clearing backlog.

I’ll leave things alone for a while to settle down, did note a few other discussions started regarding same, so you probably had your hands full.

Anyhow, like I said before, thanks for getting on to this so quickly.

Si.

EDIT: Just some feedback for higher management, like a previous post I’d much prefer the focus to be on reliability of service, face lifts and adding functionality should in my opinion be secondary…but I tend to use Clients, may be if I used Web Mail I might think differently.

0 Likes

grouser
Philosopher
Private Message
Message 7 of 15

If you update something why is it not thoroughly tested before unleashing it to the public I use  Microsoft web mail to synchronize all my mail providers and now thanks to this update this is not happening. really p***d off now with these updates that screw up an otherwise  trouble free system...😡  

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi SiHancox,

Thanks for the update. We've received confirmation that the issue has been resolved so hopefully this is just a temporary problem as any backlog is cleared

Chris

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 15

Hi Karl and Chris,

Thanks for getting on this so quickly.

I've just tried again but unfortunately Mail on iMac and iPad still doesn't connect to your server, I'm seeing the following.

iMaciMac

iMaciMac

iPadiPad

I can though connect with Web Mail but it's rather slow (in fact very slow).

I've double checked all settings and they haven't changed, and I did briefly manage to get some mail through while replying to David this morning, but now the Client connections are back to being rejected, and since this is occurring on two separate devices I suspect something is still amiss (or has changed) at your end.

I’ll keep trying when I have time though to feed back any new info…but like I said, guess this needs resolving by your Tech dept.

Si.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi SiHancox,

Can you please retest and let us know if it is now working

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi SiHancox,

Has Karl has said, an incident has been raised for this and it's currently under investigation

Chris

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 15

Thanks for confirming that David, much appreciated.

I've just gone back in to Mail on my iMac and did manage to get some mail, but the account error has popped up again, so assume this is ongoing (below is what iMac is telling me).

POP ServerPOP Server

Needless to say all settings are correct and worked perfectly last night.

What I'm not sure about is whether the introduction of new web mail will impact those of us that primarily using client apps, I've had the general notice regarding this upgrade is ongoing, but nothing specific regarding service interruption to my mail account.

Would be nice know a little more and whether today is one of those "interruptions".

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Hi

An incident has been raised for this and this is now under investigation.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

davidl1
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Same here, you are not alone !

David