cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Trying to prevent Telco4u email address deletion

Hannah38
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 2 of 2

Hello, can anyone help me?

I received an email from TalkTalk saying my old telco4u.net email address would be deleted unless I used the link to tell them I wanted to keep it.

I saw the email and missed the 26 Aug 2023 deadline.  The message had said it would be permanently deleted on the 25 Sept.  

I've phoned the TalkTalk main customer hepline twice and been told they cannot help with the telco4u domain. 

If anyone can suggest who I could contact to save this address I'd be very grateful!  Many thanks!

This is the full message I received from TalkTalk:
"

Hi,
We recently contacted you to let you know that after a review of your TalkTalk email account, we have identified that it has not been accessed or used for over 365 days. Under the Terms and Conditions that you were given when taking TalkTalk broadband, we have the right to close and delete email accounts that have not been accessed for a minimum of 180 days. Under these Terms we have made decision to suspend your email address on 26 August 2023, and all email content will be permanently deleted on 25 September 2023.

Your options are as follows:

1. If you no longer want your TalkTalk email account - remove any email content or documents that you wish to keep by 26 August 2023.

or

2. If you would like to continue to have access and use this email address, then please click here by 26 August 2023.

Your TalkTalk Team"

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Looks like the telco4u.net mailbox is suspended pending deletion. This is obviously because you need to sign in at least once every 6 months and if you don't sign in then the mailbox gets flagged for deletion and after a year is suspended prior to deletion.

So, do you really need to retain an email address that you haven't used for over a year? Seriously think about it because to keep it active requires you to actually use it. Currently the mailbox is indicating 'undeliverable' which means it's not receiving mail and anybody sending mail would see an undeliverable bounceback message. Have you tried sending mail to the telco4u.net mailbox to prove that it's not active.

Did you click on the TalkTalk link? Did you see this confirmation?

Retain an email address confirmationRetain an email address confirmation

Have you signed in to the email account via webmail? You know the password? Have you successfully sent mail?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail telco4u.net email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

You do have password recovery set up so to make sure the mailbox is not suspended pending a password change do change and upgrade the password. Multicase letters and numbers and a symbol are required. I recommend 12 - 15 characters for the best security.

Let us know what you find. And if you really cannot live without this currently suspended mailbox then put the address in your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes for TalkTalk Community Support to pick up.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes