cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to Logon to Inbound Mail server

Sentry1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Private Message

Message 17 of 17

Hi Ady,

My mum is having the same issue. I'm trying to DM you her details but I can't seen to get private messaging to work. Can you help please?

Thanks,

Pete

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Sentry1, what matters to you, matters to us. That's why we're listening to more of our customers than ever before. Thinking about the interaction you've just had with us on community today. 

We'd like you to answer a few questions, but we promise it won't take any longer than five minutes. 

https://survey2.medallia.eu/?tt-digital-service&convid=27512410&source=lithium&agent=Adrian&campaign...

Thanks for your time & don't forget we'd like you to answer the questions based on your experience with us today. 

Take care

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Thank you for being there to help your mum. I'm just pleased to be able to help as best I can.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Sentry1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 17

@Ady-TalkTalk @Gondola 

I'd like to thank you both for your help. My mum now has access to her emails. 

Why this simple matter of accessing emails requires this much time to resolve is beyond me.

There will be so many other customers with the same issues, unable to fix them themselves or with help from family members.

TalkTalk should be far more pro-active and helpful - I would imagine this experience will cause a lot of contract cancellations.

Good luck to anyone else requiring this help - if I were you I'd assume at least a week for resolution and I would use this time to consider your alternative ISP options....if people don't vote with their feet when these kind of things occur, then the experience that customers receive will not change.

Message 4 of 17

I cannot tell when you're back in action because I don't know your mailbox email addresses. Ady will be able to tell.

The switch on of IMAP / POP3 access will work for all pipex mailboxes assigned master pipex email addresses. If they're trying to reset alias addresses that's a fail.

Sentry1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 17

@Ady-TalkTalk @Gondola 

Please let me know when I can tell her to try again.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 17

@Ady-TalkTalk @Gondola 

This is still not fixed I'm afraid. What a pain. 😞

Anything else we need to do? Can we double check exactly what TT support have done, for which accounts and confirm that this WILL work for Pipex emails.

Thanks v much.

Message 7 of 17

Hi Pete, it should be sorted today. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Sentry1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 17

@Ady-TalkTalk @Gondola 

Hello both - unfortunately still no joy receiving her PIPEX emails. Any confirmation from TT support?

Thanks,

Pete

Message 9 of 17

Hi Sentry1, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Message 10 of 17

Yes she is. As per screenshot below.

Is there a problem?

Message 11 of 17

Hi Sentry1, can you confirm that she's using all the correct secure settings?

Ady

Message 12 of 17

Thank you. I'll keep the topic here updated with progress on her email access.

Message 13 of 17

Yes that's a spot on perfect setup for Windows Mail. If the iPhone is also using secure settings she'll be back in action soon.

The secure mail settings are good so I've requested that full access is restored for the email address mailbox in your Community profile Private notes.

TalkTalk Support will respond here and access returned within a couple of days after that. Until then ask the user to use TalkTalk Mail webmail via an up to date Internet browser to keep in touch with email contacts.

Sentry1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 17

I think my mum's email is associated with my dad's TalkTalk account. Does that sound right? In any case I have included his account number and her email address(es) in the Private notes of MY account here on this community. Let me know if there's an issue with that.

Here's the screenshot you wanted.

Are you now in a position to request re-activation from TalkTalk support please?

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 15.53.51.png

0 Likes

Sentry1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

@Ady-TalkTalk I'm hoping you can help my mum. She's on Pipex and having difficulty getting her emails on her laptop (Windows Mail on Windows 10 Home Edition) and Phone (iPhone 10).

I have seen that for others you have needed to grant device permissions or similar. 

Can you please help? Thank you.

Sentry1

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Private Messaging is not enabled for Newbies and best not used to send unsolicited personal information.

If your mum saw the message from TalkTalk advising "Our records show that you are still accessing your email using unencrypted email settings, because of this you will no longer be able to receive or send emails via this email app or software" then the email address receiving that notification has been limited to webmail only access as a last resort action by TalkTalk to stop the use of insecure email.

TalkTalk Mail webmail is secure by design using an up to date Internet browser.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

You will be able to get email access restored to email apps or software including mail collection services, passwords will then re-authenticate, so long as you're ready to use up to date and secure email settings for all the ways you view emails. We can advise on device and software compatibility and provide customer setup guides. Just let us know each mail collection service, each device, its operating system and email software including version that are in current use.

For a definitive check of settings take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the Camera icon (desktop browser) or Picture icon (mobile browser) above this reply area.

When you confirm the secure settings are ready I can request TalkTalk Support to restore full access. TalkTalk Support will respond here and access will be restored usually within a couple of working days.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Email account holder name

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address(es)
and TalkTalk or MailPlus customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

About TalkTalk Mail Plus