cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to block unwanted emails

jeanrees0723
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I repeatedly receive emails from a scamming website which I once looked at. Since then duplicate mails arrive frequently. I can find no way of blocking these, or indeed other spam/scam mails. Marking as spam has ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER. Whatever Talktalk does with the countless spam mails notified to its tech team, stopping them does not happen. Where do I set up a blocked email list? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

You'll find the information you need in the webmail help article of setting up filters.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jeanrees0723
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

What I am trying to locate is the tool for blocking a particular sender; for example, I am receiving several emails every day from a source which I now know to be a bogus/scam retailer. Marking as spam has made no difference at all and I am unable to 'Unsubscribe', in fact this is an automated stream of repeat 'reminders' to purchase. I believe there is a way to set up a filter, so that incoming mail from that address is blocked permanently. I just do now know where to find set up to create a filter, or block. Advice will be much appreciated. 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi jeanrees0723, each time you mark an email as spam it will add to the sender reputation on the TalkTalk filters when enough mails have been marked as spam the filters will automatically block it. Generally the spam senders will change their sending address regularly to avoid being blocked, so its far from easy to block them. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes