email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to re-setup email on kindle fire and webmail inbox empty!

Genduba
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 12

Hi

Started a new thread with this as the issues are changing. @Gondola and Ady have both tried to help with suggestions for settings. I am on pop3 on an old ukateway account. Sporadically the account will set up (deleted account on advice) but only without security SSL selected. Mail will not send and sits in outbox. Mostly though account will not set up and says there is an issue with smtp servers.

In desperation I have downloaded the outlook app onto my kndle which only uses IMAP and this partially works in that I can receive email but all outgoing mail sits in draft with a message saying server has reached send limit.

I have just tried to send again and been asked to re-enter my password and received a mesage saying unable to reach smtp server.

To add insult to injury when checking webmail the contents of my inbox has dissappeared!! Only couple of test messages I have sent seem to be there.

What is going on?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Genduba

Not easy to say why the non-standard setup appears to work and expected settings fail.

I have come across a recommended secure setup for a native Samsung email mobile app that appears not to work. Maybe this is a similar issue.

It would be good if you could list the working settings for us.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Genduba
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 12

Hi @Gondola and @Ady-TalkTalk

I have tried to delete the account and reset up several times and get the results as detailed above. But tried again tonight just in case   --- wow seems to work --  however not with SSL selected.

Thanks for your advice - obviously a talk talk issue but at least it seems to be fixed.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Thanks for the OS details etc I've passed them on for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi @Genduba

You'll need to delete the email account on the Kindle and set it up again. 

Take screenshots of all the email settings screens and post here using the Photos icon above this reply area but please obscure any personally identifiable details before posting.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Sorry no

Port 587 selected

No option to ensure sign in

Selected SSl

Full user name and password 

Error message ' There is a problem with the server's security certificate (it is self signed, expired or has a hostname mismatch) Would you like to trust it anyway?'

If I select OK account sets up but mail won't send. sits in outbox

If I then go back into settings it has defaulted to use same crendentials SSL and accept all SSL certificates again.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 12

Hi Genduba,

Thanks for the information, did Gondola's advice help?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Genduba

For the outgoing SMTP server settings:

Port 587

Untick use same credentials and put in the Username full email address

and Email Password

And ensure Require Sign-in is selected

For security type use STARTTLS but if this isn't available use SSL/TLS or TLS or SSL but not the Accept all certificates (depends on the version of Kindle Fire).

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk

The operating system is Fire OS 5.3.6.4 (626533320) . The outlook app version is 2.2.257(293)

This email client uses imap not pop3 and does intermittently work. T

The Kindle fire built in mail app that is set up on pop3 won't send, mail sits in the outbox. Error says 'Sending failed. Pull down this list to try again, or tap on an individual message to get more information'

If I go into settings and try to edit outgoing server setting which is with SSL unticked and Port 587 as per pop3 settings the error message is 'Unable to connect to outgoing (SMTP) server. Unable to open server connection. EDIT SETTINGS.' The account won't set up.

If I use:

SSL ticked

accept all SSL certificates

use same credentials for incoming and outgoing servers ticked

the account will set up but then won't send mail.

As regards the PC the OS is Windows 10 Home 64 bit 17134.472 and outlook is Microsoft 365 Version 1811 . Apart from the pop up everyone was getting a few days ago this account has been working fine and is on pop3 settings.

The outlook mail app on the kindle seems to be ok so I can live with it but wuld be interested to find out what the issue is.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi Genduba, can you confirm for me the Operating system version on the Kindle and the Outlook version please. Could you try to send a mail not send and receive just create a test mail and click send and let me have the exact error message. 

Would you also let me know the Operating system version on the PC along with the Outlook version too please?

I'm asking for this as we've carried out thorough checks on our security certificate and I'm told all is ok. But we're looking to see what devices, OS and mail client version customers are using so that we can identify the cause and help where possible.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

Still not working I'm afraid - not able to set up using pop3 or imap settings on kindle fire. Have tried all available alternate email clients. Had most success with outlook app which only uses imap settings. Managed to set up the account and emails were received ok but as soon as I try to send says password needs reentering - try that then says cannot connect to servers and then deleted account.

tried to set up account again and get login error ' Your email server certificate is invalid. Would you like to log in anyway?' clicked 'log in' and error message is repeated.

Account seems to be working on outlook destop on my pc and my phone using same settings for pop3. 

Historical inbox is still missing on webmail too, only last couple of days there

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

I'm told we're going to be resetting some servers overnight. I'm not certain this will clear your issues with logging in to send. I've also asked the team to double check the settings we're advising you to use. 

0 Likes