cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unwanted news site

vmt24
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

When viewing my Talk Talk emails I have a constant USA news site running in the advertisement column. I have AdBlock and have asked technical support how to get rid of this. Nobody has been able to help me so far. It is very distracting and unwanted. Any suggestions? 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Thanks, Ady. The same rolling news shows using other browsers and I have an ad block already. I have found that by tapping on the three horizontal lines under "mail" it no longer appears so I am doing this. The news repeats the same five or six items and is baffling but I can live with it! 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Test with a different browser and or adblocker.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

vmt24
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 12

Yes only on my new laptop. I have since tried clicking on mail (the three horizontal lines) and this seems to clear it although each time I open Talk talk mail it pops up again. Any ideas? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. So it only happens when you access your emails on your new laptop but it doesn't happen when you access your email on a different device?

Michelle

0 Likes

vmt24
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 12

It pops up only on Talk Talk emails when I use my recently bought laptop. It didn't show on my previous DELL laptop. Would uninstalling and reinstalling Talk Talk help, do you think? It's annoying and a bit of a puzzle. Thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Very odd and I can't replicate it. Does it happen on all your devices too?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

vmt24
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 12

No other ads show and this seems to be a kind of spooling news from the USA, showing the same items repeatedly. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

And no other ads showing?

Ady

0 Likes

vmt24
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 12

Having just tried Chrome again, it is now showing there too! Very confusing. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Thanks, Ady. I use Duck Duck Go. It doesn't show up when using Google Chrome. 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi vmt24, I use the adblocker in my browsers and I see no feeds. The only thing I see is the emails. What browser are you using?

Ady

0 Likes