cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Updating email settings

SusanH3
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

I have followed all instructions to update mail on my android phone and iPad devices. I am repeatedly informed login failed as username or password is incorrect. I have tried changing the password, logging in and out but cannot get past this. HELP the deadline is just about here.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Perfect. To close this topic please scroll through the posts and select the post that would help others best. Select the triple vertical dots Options menu bottom right of the selected post and then select the menu item Accept as Solution. .Accept as Solution

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 20

Hi. SUCCESS!!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.  I ticked the box and that’s all I had to do. I now receive and can send emails on both my iPad and Android.  🙂

Message 3 of 20

On the 3rd screenshot for outgoing server settings please tick Require sign in. And then if that brings up a Username and Password box enter the full tiscali email address as Username and its password in the Password box the same as for the incoming server settings.

Message 4 of 20

These are my Android phone settings.These are my Android phone settings.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

OK, good to know the iPad is also back online. Yes, tiscali DNS issue is resolved.

Take some more screenshots please, as before, for the Android phone incoming and outgoing server settings. I'll take a look for you.

Message 6 of 20

Try again. The Tiscali DNS is back online. I guess a power fail in these extreme weather conditions but back up and running now.

Message 7 of 20

The server problem must be fixed. I’ve just tried sending again and my iPad and it works 🙂 THANK YOU.

However, the problem isn’t over yet. I’ve rechecked all the settings on my Android and I’m getting mail in but anything sent is sitting in the Outbox :-(.  I STILL NEED YOUR HELP - Sorry!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Tiscali DNS is down this morning. Just when you were getting there!

Domains impacted include tiscali.co.uk and its related legacy domains homecall.co.uk, homechoice.co.uk, lineone.net, pipex.com, screaming.net, tinyonline.co.uk, tinyworld.co.uk, toucansurf.com, ukgateway.net or worldonline.co.uk

This impacts both webmail and email software and apps. The incident is being worked on and you can track it on the  Service Status (Email) page. 

Message 9 of 20

This is the message when I try to send email. I have again changed my password and have changed it in every location in the mail settings.This is the message when I try to send email. I have again changed my password and have changed it in every location in the mail settings.As requestedAs requested

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

For the outgoing mail server the Username is the full email address of the email account. i.e. the same email address as shown for the incoming mail server. The password also must be entered. The password is not optional even though the box says it is.

Check that Authentication still says Password after making those changes.

If you make those changes the sending will work.

Message 11 of 20

As requestedAs requested

Message 12 of 20

And then on the iPad tap the Primary server to get to the settings we need but do image edit to obscure the first part of the Username leaving the part after the @ symbol visible before uploading here.

Message 13 of 20

I’ve also changed my password in case that was part of the problem.I’ve also changed my password in case that was part of the problem.

Message 14 of 20

And when on that screen you select SMTP what do you see there?

Message 15 of 20

As requested - these are my iPad settings.As requested - these are my iPad settings.

Message 16 of 20

For the devices you're unable to send a reply - that suggests either that the outgoing mail server thinks your password is too weak and has dropped the connection or that you're still using insecure outgoing mail settings.

Please take a screenshot of the incoming and outgoing server settings on one of those devices, image edit to obscure the first part of your email address and upload here using the picture icon above this Reply area. I'll take a look for you and let you know if any changes are needed.

SusanH3
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 20

Hi Things are a little better as I can now see my emails on both my iPad and Android phone.  However I cannot reply (just goes to Outbox) and on my Android when I try to open an incoming mail I get the message “Unable to load email text”.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Hi SusanH3, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

CS Gondola may be able to advise, @SusanH3.

Staff reply during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Please complete your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

I've moved your other thread out of the way. Please follow up on this one.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes