cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Where have my Archived Emails gone ?

frustrated28
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

After years of using Talk Talk Email and getting to know my way around the App pretty well , I now go to my Email This morning only to find a major reinvention of the App has happened , Not only does it all look a little weird and strange  to me , Like a typical case of if its not broken don't try to fix it !!   But the main glaring fault is where have my 6 years worth of archived Emails gone  

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Depends on what setting the browser zoom is defaulting to and what Layout option you're using. I prefer to use the Vertical layout and a 90% zoom. It's just personal choice. Select the cog icon top right header bar and then Vertical.

Layout : VerticalLayout : Vertical

Vertical gives you the three panes. Left is the Folder view. Middle is the email List view and right is the email Detail view.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

frustrated28
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thank you very much for the help Gondola , Yes that has worked , could i ask you one other question ? i have a 27" monitor and the Email app is now only showing me 4 lines of email at any one time , Which seems a waste of screen space  , is there any way i can expand the app to show more than only 4 lines at a time ?

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi frustrated28 

Your TalkTalk Mail archived folders are there. It's just that the Archive virtual folder is created as a sub-folder of the virtual MyFolders.

To select, just select the Folder view on the left. If that's not expanded then there's a book icon bottom left.

You'll see under the standard folders there's MyFolders and to expand that virtual folder select the right facing chevron. You should now see the copied and any newly created year by year Archive sub-folders.

This scenario is because the virtual Archive folder for a new mailbox is only created on the first use of the Archive function.

Archive folders : newly createdArchive folders : newly created

And when you sign out and sign back in again to the mailbox you'll find the Archive folder has been made a virtual folder under the standard folders with the year by year archive folders containing your messages:

Archive : standard folderArchive : standard folder

Have you found your previously archived messages?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution