cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TalkTalk Webmail Timeout

ZibZob
Participant
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I am currently unable to login to my Talktalk webmail using the link from the TalkTalk Home page https://new.talktalk.co.uk/ - after entering my login name and password I get a message informing me that it has timed out after 30 seconds and I should try again. I've tried several times but get the same message. Is there a problem with the website?

I'm still receiving mail via POP3 so know that my account is still working.

The reason I'm trying to access webmail is that I just received the scam "Refresh Activation!" message and wanted to block the sender. I am now wondering whether this timeout message has any connection to this scam email (I didn't click any links in the email) and the data breach that a number of community posts have mentioned - is TalkTalk stopping access while they deal with the scam?

Thanks.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Interesting. I use Firefox as my browser of first choice and I have pop-ups blocked.

However, I do have Enhanced Tracking Protection disabled for talktalk.co.uk that I recall setting up when Firefox first introduced that feature because there were incompatibilities.

TalkTalk does require the use of tracking cookies for features to work correctly.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Michelle

I can access webmail again using Firefox. I think it was some sort of incompatability between the TalkTalk webmail login and the default Firefox and Edge pop-up settings. When I added TalkTalk as a pop-up exception I was able to login to webmail.

TalkTalk must be using an unusual type of pop-up on the website as I haven't had this issue at any other sites where I need to login. Perhaps TalkTalk will eventually change to a more browser friendly login procedure?

Thanks for asking.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hello,

How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Since I don't normally use Edge, its running with the Microsoft default settings, so I would have expected that the webmail login would have been able to cope with that.

Its also interesting that although the webmail login timesout after I enter my password, I don't have any problems logging into this Community area using Firefox or Edge. Theres obviously something different about the webmail login system compared to the Community login system.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

Sometimes a link from one particular page may be broken, that's all, @ZibZob.

Have you checked that ad blockers are not enabled and pop ups work whichever browser you use?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 6 of 10

I followed the link but end up with the same result even though it seems to try for longer - I see the 3 dots rippling in the centre of the page before it displays "Connection time out. Please try reloading the page.". Both Firefox and Edge produce identical results.

By the way - what is the difference between the link you posted and the link from the TalkTalk website?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Have you tried using this link, @ZibZob:

https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite/

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

I usually use Firefox browser. I have just tried Edge (which I very seldom use) and the result is the same - it timesout after 30 seconds.

As I mentioned, Edge is only used a couple of times a year and only as a backup to check whether the problem is my Fireox browser - Edge doesn't therefore have any addins or browser cache to affect the webmail login page.

I haven't had any problems accessing other websites using my Firefox browser, nor indeed this TalkTalk Community website, so the issue seems to be linked to the TalkTalk webmail login. I'm still receiving my email via POP3 so the only reason I wanted to access webmail was to block those scam emails which are pretending to come from TalkTalk.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Which Internet browser are you using? Firefox, Edge or Chrome? Try a different one of those or clear cache and history or reset the browser to default settings and preferably with no add-ons or extensions active.

Both the outgoing and the new Mail platforms are both working normally.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes