cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Why cant I send a test email to myself

Barbara8
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I have tried to send a test email to myself from my android phone and also from my laptop. Neither reach my in box. I know a copy is in the sent file , but I like to copy myself in on group emails so I know its been received by others. This used to work , but isnt working now. I do have a new laptop , is there something I have either turned off or on preventing this ?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

I saw, fleetingly, a post from you saying "I did all of the above and there is no rule defined."

Did you delete that post or did it get removed by the Comment Spam filter for some reason?

Anyway, did the mail message arrive in the Inbox? Because with no rules defined there is nothing stopping mail from arriving in the Inbox of a fully working mailbox.

If the mail did arrive but then got removed it's highly likely that a POP3 email account or mail collection service is downloading and deleting from the Inbox. So if that's not you then change your password because it's been discovered.

Otherwise,  enter the email address at Verifalia, an external website that verifies if an email address exists. Enter the email address, complete the reCAPTCHA and select the Validate button. Does the top line response say 'Deliverable' or something else?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thank you for your reply. 

I looked at what you said and the and I still cant self send . Do you have any other ideas why this is happening ?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Select New email and compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header
        (Unmigrated mailboxes - use a triple line icon and if using a Mobile browser - use the desktop version)
      • Select All settings... or Settings from the top of the menu
      • Select Mail and Scroll down to Rules (Unmigrated mailboxes select Filter Rules)
        If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
      • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
        select the X (Unmigrated mailboxes it's the Dustbin icon   ) to the right of the rule
        The icon background will turn red    
      • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
        Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account or mail collection service, like Gmail, may be deleting messages from the online Inbox.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes